pic monkey fail

May 3rd, 2016
Just a quick note here, since renewing my Ace Membership I have been having probs with this , simply failing to work and not allowing me to use it.

Help & Advice greatly appreciated .

Kindest Regards

60fox
May 3rd, 2016
Unfortunately I can't help you, it hasn't worked for me for weeks.
May 3rd, 2016
Sorry - can't help but mine still works. I am transitioning to my own copy of PS Elements but still use PicMonkey for quick cropping and exposure fixes.
May 3rd, 2016
did you uplaod windows 10 or seomething? mine works but when I uploaled W10 it I had to fix it.
May 3rd, 2016
I heard you need to check other browsers, might be an IE problem?
May 3rd, 2016
Thanks for all your help . No IE or Windows for me 100% Mac . I will check again , maybe its just me doing something wrong.

Kindest Regards 60 fox
May 3rd, 2016
I just started discussion about it last week - you can see if any of the answers would help you: http://365project.org/discuss/general/27705/picmonkey-doesn-t-work
May 3rd, 2016
@vera365 Thanks Vera, I should have looked before starting another thread. Kind Regards 60fox
May 4th, 2016
On Windows 10, but I see you are in the OSX world, it appears the latest Microsoft browsers have "embedded" Adobe Flash support, not as a plugin. Picmonkey must check for a plugin before it starts and can't find it. I changed to Firefox six months ago and now have no problems. In fact, I am happy with Firefox in general, pages appear to load much faster and it hasn't crashed on me in six months. Several other programs have this same problem. The old 365 uploader is one. I might try Firefox for Mac anyway. Here's where you can find the (free) download.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/
May 4th, 2016
Remember I said that I was able to use it this morning. Welll ...
Just went to use it this evening and I was given an error message that PicMonkey could not open my type of file - which is a JPeg like I always use.
BTW - I use a Firefox for my browser.
May 4th, 2016
I use Chrome and it won't work on my pc or laptop and hasn't for months.
May 4th, 2016
@farmreporter I am using Firefox too and able to use picmonkey. There was one time that I was having trouble with it last week wherein it is not allowing me to save my work.
May 4th, 2016
@fearinnocent
I think I am going to use tonight's PicMonkey problems as a hint to actually learn how to use my new PS Elements program.
I used PS Elements for my latest picture and found it quite user-friendly.

Check out what I did!
http://365project.org/farmreporter/altered-states/2016-05-03

May 4th, 2016
@farmreporter Well worth the investment. You can do things in PSE you never thought were even possible after Picmonkey.
May 4th, 2016
@fearinnocent Your browser buffers may be full or corrupted. Especially if you do not have sufficient RAM on your PC/Mac. 8GB would seem the minimum a photographer should have on the PC to do a lot of graphics work. If it hangs, exit the browser and start again. If that fails, reboot the PC which will clear out the OS buffers and support space as well. Little to do with the program I'd say.
May 4th, 2016
@frankhymus think I was having an intermittent connection that's why it is not saving my work
Write a Reply