when someone takes YOUR picture

October 23rd, 2016
I'm sure that most of us on here are the designated family photographer. I'm ok with that especially since the people around me are quite patient in allowing me to set up a shot and lug around a lot of camera equipment.

Well I tried to get someone to take my picture with a fish I caught and as you can see, it didn't quite work. My fault, I had the camera set to take some shots inside a dungeon - literally a dungeon so just handing the camera over wasn't the best idea.

In the second pic I had clued in that the thing to do is go for the green box of shame. That seems to be the way to go.

October 23rd, 2016
I always quickly click over to auto when my family take the camera
October 23rd, 2016
One time I asked a stranger to take a picture of me and two friends. He said yes but then said he couldn't get all of us in. I thought he meant all three of us but he meant he couldn't get our feet. I wanted our faces and not all of us and I laugh every time I see the picture. When I can I look around for someone with a camera or I use my tripod.
October 23rd, 2016
I never ask anyone to take my picture... I prefer to have as few pictures of me as possible out there :)
October 23rd, 2016
If I ask anyone it's almost always my husband, Ray, 'cos I know I'll always smile at him and I set the camera up and instruct him to use the viewfinder!
October 23rd, 2016
We NEVER ask somebody. But we use the old fashionded 10 sec. self-timer and have a lot of fun running, climbing, sitting, jumping into the picture. It is part of our photo-fun.
October 23rd, 2016
@northy I'm the same try and avoid being photographed at all costs!
October 24th, 2016
Find myself getting frustrated when I ask someone to do this as I know in my mind what I want...in future I'll snap the image I want first (of the partial party or the person I'm asking) and then show them how I want it...ah the joys of digital!
October 30th, 2016
If I do ask someone I put it in auto for them but my camera is set up up for back button focus so that still makes it hard to explain what to do. I rarely can get my husband to shoot it because he knows I'm never happy with it but he's also a photographer. I just really prefer the the back of the camera vs in front of it
October 30th, 2016
Hate my photo taken, recently had it taken for Halloween bash and hated it
Write a Reply