New - ETSOOI challenge - flowers :)

July 24th, 2017
Thank you to Clare @pistache for hosting the last challenge and for picking my edit as one of the final images. Thank you also to those who voted for me.

If you are new to the ETSOOI challenge, this is what it is all about -

ETSOOI is an acronym started by MaryBeth @espyetta. It stands for EDITING THE SORRY-NESS OUT OF IT which basically means editing your picture in any way you like.

If you are new to editing/processing here are some great tools to use besides photoshop:

www.ribbet.com
www.fotor.com
www.befunky.com
www.goart.fotor.com
www.picmonkey.com

You can also use mobile/cell apps such as:

Snapseed
PicsArt
Pencil Sketch Free
Camera360
Deep Art Effects

You can use more than one program/app per image. This challenge is very relaxed so just have a play around with your picture and see what you can create.

The theme for this time round is FLOWERS. Some folk think of some flowers such as the humble dandelion as a 'weed', weeds are totally ok too. If there are no naturally growing flowers in your area (I know some folk are in the southern hemisphere and it is winter for them), plastic imitation flowers are also ok.

The challenge starts today Monday 24 July, and will close midnight Monday 14 August 2017 BST.

You can enter as many images as you like but they must have been taken within the time frame. The winner will host the next ETSOOI challenge.

Please tag your pictures - ETSOOI-86

July 24th, 2017
Here is one of my edits as an example. I played around with the polar co-ordinates in photoshop elements. Duplicated the image and rotated it, copied and pasted and masked off one side.

July 24th, 2017
ooh wow now that's delightful. i might have a play in circular app on my phone - i don't need much of an excuse ;)
July 26th, 2017
July 26th, 2017
Thanks for sharing on this thread Jackie @jackies365 I like what you did with this picture!
July 26th, 2017
Great choice for the theme- I'm in.
July 26th, 2017
My entry a Yellow Day Lily out of my garden.
July 27th, 2017
Fabulous, I'm in too. Do I post on the regular 365 site or here on the thread? I have not posted here on the thread before, so would please need some coaching 😉
July 27th, 2017
That's interesting editing Peter, a beautiful lily with a blurry motion type effect. Thank you for sharing @pcoulson
July 27th, 2017
Hi Diana, you need to post your picture on your own project like usual, then look underneath your picture next to the comment and the star symbols and you will see an arrow, click on that and a code appears, you can then copy the code over onto this thread for it to show up on here.

To enter the actual challenge you need to tag your picture. When you load it, look at the bottom where it says Tags, for this challenge the tag is "etsooi-86" you must include the apostrophes as well. Once you have tagged it, you can click on that tag and it will take you to the other challenge pics. Hope that makes sense. Look forward to seeing your picture :) @ludwigsdiana
July 27th, 2017
@stephanies Thanks so much Stephanie, it's a big help.
July 27th, 2017
You're welcome. Just to add if you have already loaded a picture you can still add the tag afterwards. Just click on the little pencil icon before the comment and star symbols, this allows you to amend/edit your posting. When you're done, just click on 'Save picture' and you're done. @ludwigsdiana
July 27th, 2017
July 28th, 2017
@stephanies Sorry Stephanie, I tried it but it does not seem to work! Do I have to double or right click? On the word or in the box? Would appreciate your help.
July 28th, 2017
Hi Diana, from my laptop I right click once on the code to highlight it and then left click once to get the menu up so I can click on copy. This is how I do it from my laptop. I don't know how to do it from an ipad or mobile or tablet though, sorry. @ludwigsdiana
July 28th, 2017
Very lovely editing Marloes, thank you for sharing @stimuloog
July 29th, 2017
@stephanies Thanks for the info Stephanie, but it still does not work from my laptop! When I right click, it highlights, when l left click, and copy, where does it go to, or how do I get it onto the thread? Sorry to be a bother but I have never done this before. What if I cannot manage to get it on the thread, does that mean it is not in the challenge?
July 29th, 2017
Oh sorry Diana, to transfer the picture onto this thread, open a new discussion box, then left click and a small menu comes up, left click again on the word paste, and then your picture should transfer over. I hope that works, if it doesn't it, don't worry, once you have tagged it, it automatically enters your picture. People post on the chat thread to keep the thread active and so their pictures can inspire others. @ludwigsdiana
July 31st, 2017
July 31st, 2017
My latest entry for the Etsooi challenge.The Cape Daisy (Osteospermum)
July 31st, 2017
@stephanies Thanks for teaching an old dog new tricks ;)
August 6th, 2017
@stephanies Hi Stephanie, could you please tell me where/ how to browse the other entries? I have not seen any so far .Thanks
August 6th, 2017
HI Diana @ludwigsdiana go to one of the pictures that you have tagged for the challenge, and click on the etsooi tag and it opens up to a new page with all the challenge pics on it. :)
August 7th, 2017
Giving it a try, critiques and tips are most welcome.

August 7th, 2017
@stephanies Thanks a lot Stephanie, I tried that but it does not open?
August 7th, 2017
August 7th, 2017
@ludwigsdiana hope you found them - I clicked on the tag from two of your photos and it opened the entries page
August 7th, 2017
@annied Thanks Annie, no I did not. I tried left, right and double but nothing happens 😓
August 7th, 2017
@ludwigsdiana are you going to your image and going to photo details and your tags and clicking on the etsooi-86 it works when I do it
August 7th, 2017
@annied Thanks Annie, you're a star! I was trying to click on the wrong page! Thanks a mill
August 7th, 2017
@ludwigsdiana you're welcome
August 7th, 2017
Write a Reply