It's Time to Work on Your Abs!

May 23rd, 2024
No, not those abs- abstract photos!

Many thanks to Wendy @farmreporter for hosting the previous round of the Abstract Challenge and also to those of you who voted for my entry. The baton has been passed and I shall now begin the next round. Abstracts are a very creative way to look at the familiar in a new way. Here’s the official definition of abstract photography:

Abstract photography, sometimes called non-objective, experimental or conceptual photography, is a means of depicting a visual image that does not have an immediate association with the object world and that has been created through the use of photographic equipment, processes or materials. An abstract photograph may isolate a fragment of a natural scene in order to remove its inherent context from the viewer, it may be purposely staged to create a seemingly unreal appearance from real objects, or it may involve the use of color, light, shadow, texture, shape and/or form to convey a feeling, sensation or impression.

Some tips that have been mentioned before may help you capture or create an interesting abstract:

Shoot the ordinary in an unusual way
Choose strong shapes
Get up close
Use color to grab attention
Seek out texture
Look for repeating patterns
Use lines and curves
Photograph reflections
Shoot through another object
Capture motion
Go macro

Chris Cook @cdcook48 recommended this link where you may find some inspiration: https://iso.500px.com/how-to-shoot-abstract-photography/

Start Date: May 23, 2024
End Date: Wednesday, June 26 , 2024

Any photos taken in the above time frame are eligible. Enter as many photos as you wish, but only one image per photographer will be shortlisted.

Tag: abstract-80

If you’d like to see your fellow 365ers’ entries you check them out here: https://365project.org/tags/abstract-80

So, off you go- flex those cameras and get some abs- abstract photos, that is!

Ann LeFevre
@Olivetreeann
May 23rd, 2024
done one for you
May 24th, 2024
@30pics4jackiesdiamond Thanks Jackie!

@farmreporter Thanks for catching that Wendy. I must have been tired when I filled that in. I edited the prompt with the exact date now.
Write a Reply