ETSOOI-52 photo rescue

July 1st, 2015
Thank you all for playing in the last round of etsooi...

As you may know by now the contest was won by Mona @mona65. She already warned us she is going on a Canadian trip to make us a nice photo album. As the runner-up I'm asked to do the honours.

ETSOOI is an acronym started by MaryBeth @espyetta. It means EDITING THE SORRY-NESS OUT OF IT, which later became EDITING THE S*&^% OUT OF IT.
It was meant to be a processing strategy to use when your "photo of the day" was boring, bad or just generally in need of rescuing from the garbage heap.

Sometimes a theme is set and sometimes there is no theme. Let's go back to the basics without a theme this time and find yourself a photo you already dumped in the bin, or one you are about to ditch. Turn it into a wonder, post it in one of your albums and tag it with ETSOOI-52 to enter the competition.
Use any editing program you like, the more the merrier! Be creative, and most of all have fun!

The challenge will start today, July 1st and will end on Sunday July 12th.

You are free to enter as many shots as you like, the only rule being that your shot must have been taken within the time frame. The winner will receive the honour of hosting the next ETSOOI challenge.

Again, all pictures must be tagged ETSOOI-52 http://365project.org/tags/etsooi-52 and you can also post images to this thread as inspiration to others.

Empty your bin and enjoy!

Oh, I did a quick search for previous ETSOOI themes and came up with this list. Perhaps it will be handy for the next winner to pick a new theme.
As you can see not all competions were easy to find. The ones with a - were without a theme.

#52 -
#51 Time
#50 Weather
#49 Nature
#48 -
#47 New year 2015
#46 12 days of Christmas
#45 Science fiction / Fantasy
#44 Spring into Autumn
#43 Face
#42 Trees
#41 Books
#40 In My Kitchen
#39 People or Person
#38 Light
#37 Yellow or Blue
#36 Flora & Fauna
#35 Skies
#34 Transportation
#33 Emotion
#32 Magical
#31 ?
#30 ?
#29 Comfort
#28 -
#27 -
#26 ?
#25 Christmas
#24 Rhythm
#23 ?
#22 ?
#21 ?
#20 Spooky
#19 Color/Colour
#18 ?
#17 ?
#16 ?
#15 Doors
#14 ?
#13 Vibrance/Color
#12 ?
#11 ?
#10 ?
#9 Movement
#8 ?
#7 -
#6 ?
#5 ?
#4 Green
#3 ?
#2 ?
#1 -
July 1st, 2015
When did MB leave 365?!!!!
July 2nd, 2015
thanks for hosting @mastermek

looking fabulous @kathyboyles!

July 2nd, 2015
July 2nd, 2015
This was fun!
July 2nd, 2015
@grammyn Oh, thanks for the notice! I blindly follewed her link from etsooi-1, which was incorrectly spelled and did not work...
July 2nd, 2015
@grammyn fixed! Thanks again
July 2nd, 2015
@mastermek whew!!! I was just worried you knew something I didn't!! (;
July 2nd, 2015
@grammyn good to know who to turn to if I need to know something ;-)
July 2nd, 2015
@mastermek LOL! If you mean me, you couldn't be more wrong! ;~}
July 2nd, 2015
@annied Annie, I'm glad to see that you actually etsooi. Most people just enter pretty pictures and for some reason those get selected. I'm for doing some work on the photo before submitting it and I love yours.
July 3rd, 2015
@kathyboyles I agree. But sometimes pretty picture are what they are because of the etsooi. That's also what I meant in my introduction. Etsooi was supposed to make a worse picture pretty.
July 3rd, 2015
@mastermek yes, but some look like they haven't been edited at all!
July 3rd, 2015
@kathyboyles They won't make it to the finals this time :-)
July 3rd, 2015
July 4th, 2015
Here's my rescue of a boring tree branch photo (Title-
"Circulatory System")--

July 4th, 2015
@paulam @mastermek Paula. I like it. I can see that you etsooi and it ended up pretty!
July 4th, 2015
My first attempt at this challenge. All advice very welcome. Had great fun doing this

July 4th, 2015
July 4th, 2015
@thistle I love this one!
July 4th, 2015
July 12th, 2015
my first ETSOOI entry....

Write a Reply