Plant Identification

September 26th, 2024
Does anyone know what kind of plant the berry/fruit of my latest picture is? I've tried using the picture identification tool on Google but the results it's giving me don't grow anywhere near North Carolina where I live. From the results it may be a passion flower fruit but I'm not sure. It grows on a fence.

https://365project.org/sfeldphotos/365/2024-09-25
September 26th, 2024
give us a photo of leaves and fruit - could well be some kind of passionfruit
September 26th, 2024
Unfortunately thats the only picture I have with a leaf and I'm not able to upload any additional photos to this thread
September 26th, 2024
I use a (free) Ap called "Seek" that does fairly well. But there's not enough here for it to make a guess.
September 26th, 2024
I use a free app called iNaturalist. It's not super confident from this photo, but with the photo and saying it is in North Carolina, the app's top suggestion is a Creeping Cucumber.
September 26th, 2024
all good, you can upload more to your project and use the how to format my reply link below to add them to this thread :) then we can try to help more - interesting that it could be a creeping cucumber too, they can climb a long way!
September 26th, 2024
@princessicajessica That actually looks awfully like it looking up Creeping cucumber on Google-Thanks! These grow alongside morning glory flowers on a fence by the way
September 27th, 2024
If you have no other photos can you indicate the size of the fruit?
Write a Reply