Winner... Technique Challenge 79

January 20th, 2018
Wow.. we had so many votes for the Bokeh Technique challenge that I had to enlist help to count. It was a really close count but No. 4 just got in front. So a huge congrats to one of our new comers @bea993 with her Christmas Tree in the lens.

It's now over to you to host and select the next technique challenge. If you need any help just let me know.

January 20th, 2018
Wow! Thanks! I didn't expect... :D
I am new member here so I think I need some help. What should I exactly do? Are there any rules? I'll be grateful for your help, @deborah63
January 20th, 2018
@bea993 congratulations!
January 20th, 2018
nice one! thanks for hosting this Debbie, great job!
January 21st, 2018
@bea993

Pretty much anything goes with the technique challenge. The idea behind it is to encourage members to try different techniques, styles, camera settings to continue to grow their skills and learn more about photography. This is a link to one of the more recent challenges that lists all of the techniques that we have covered so far. You don't necessarily have to chose a technique that hasn't been used before, if your stuck for ideas, just go with one that has been done in the past. Maybe something that you would like to practice yourself.
https://365project.org/discuss/themes-competitions/30471/technique-77-vaseline-soft-focus-new-challenge

So to set the challenge just go to the Themes and competitions tab, and select 'new topic' button which is located at the top.

Most of us just do a copy and paste from the last challenge, and just change the relevant information:

- Time frame: State the dates that the challenge will run...usually 2 weeks
- Tag name: Technique#80 (is the next number)
- Attach any links to YouTube videos, or online tutorials that you feel will be helpful.
- After 1 week and also a couple of days out from the final date, it's helpful to put a reminder for folks on the themes and competitions page.
- At the completion of the competition, select your favourite 5, place on a new thread and ask for votes. Give it may 3-5 days for voting to finish and then announce the winner and you then get to hand ball it, to the next person.

Don't get to strung up on the dates, things are pretty flexible on 365, so just select timing and dates that will fit into your schedule and have some fun with it.
January 21st, 2018
Thanks so much, @deborah63!
Write a Reply