Notifications

January 23rd, 2019
I see that when someone comments or faves one of my photos, or someone starts following my work, I receive an email notification.

But should I receive a notification when:

a) Someone I am following adds a new photo

b) In a comment that I make on somone's photo, and I also ask a question, they then replyto that question.

Thanks
January 23rd, 2019
My advice is to check your e-mails.
January 23rd, 2019
Hi Michael... no, you will not receive an email in those situations... when someone you follow posts a photo you will see it in your home feed... and when someone replies to a comment you’ve made, or otherwise tags you somewhere, the little bell in the menu bar at the top of the 365 screen will turn blue... hope that helps! Welcome to 365!
January 23rd, 2019
Sorry but where is the home feed. I can see the blue bell - thanks
January 23rd, 2019
Your home feed is what comes up when you open 365 with all the latest photos of who you are following. I see that you are following 6 people, so those photos that they posted should come up.
There should also be the Latest Discussions, Hot Topics, and the rest on the far right side of your screen. Along the top is the blue 365 icon, and a menu bar that has your project, upload, discuss and the rest.
On the far left side of the menu bar you will see a person icon (which has sub-menus of Your Profile, Account Settings, etc.)
If you click on the account settings, you can get to notifications where you can specify what notifications you wish to get emailed to you.
Most people do not have the fav's or comments emailed since you can view them when you click on the bell when it has turned blue to see all the new comments and fav's.
I do have new followers emailed to me because I would hate to miss that in a busy day of comments.
Hope this helps. Just click reply on this comment box if you have any more questions and I will get your question.
I will be happy to help!
Welcome to 365, BTW!
January 23rd, 2019
Thanks Wendy - very helpful. I can see the connection now. Wood and trees comes to mind lol
January 23rd, 2019
So glad to help!
BTW - you need to click reply in order for the person you are replying to gets the notification. Then their @name will show up in blue in your comments to show that it will go through. Otherwise, they may not see it.
January 23rd, 2019
@farmreporter Okey dokey!!
January 23rd, 2019
I got that one! Thank you!
January 23rd, 2019
@bruni Thanks but I do check my emails which is what I mentioned in my opening post and that is okay for comments, faves or anyone following me. It has now been explained that I look elsewhere for the other info such as replies etc.
January 23rd, 2019
I elected not to have e-mail notification- if it annoys you can turn it off in your profile page. Not that I get many notifications!! I'm just too lazy to read my e-mails!
Write a Reply