How many pixels?

July 23rd, 2019
Sometimes I get the message that my file is too big to be uploaded. While I still don't know why some files are bigger than others from the same camera and settings my question now is what size do you recommend for uploading? I feel as if I'm in Goldilocks land...sometimes too big, sometimes too small, and sometimes, just by chance, just right.

Ok, and if you folks can explain to me why the sizes are so different to begin with, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.
July 23rd, 2019
I'm sure watching to see answers j- I've wondered the same thing many times :)
July 23rd, 2019
I don't know either, but I do remember someone explaining that what is displayed is only a certain # of pixels wide (max), so uploading anything bigger isn't useful unless you are expecting people to download. You can see the size of the various versions of your picture by clicking on your photo, then look under Photo Details for the "Sizes" link.
July 25th, 2019
@milaniet @houser934 I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't know the answer to the pixel question...thanks for adding that you are wondering too and I will check those sizes of the ones that seem to work and then use those as models.
July 25th, 2019
Not too sure as to the maximum file size for this site (maybe 10mb) as I always resize mine to 2048 pixels on the long side. This gives me an 8mb size from my camera.
Write a Reply