Album Cover Chalenge - Bring me your Albums

April 15th, 2021
Thank you all most kindly, for voting for my Daga Tumdada album cover; it was very much appreciated. Particularly as there was such a wealth of other most excellent photographers and finalists. Thank you also to those who participated in the voting process. Finally, thanks to Summerfield @summerfield for hosting the last challenge.

So weigh the anchor, cast off and head out on to the open sea with the next challenge.

Let's suppose that some up and coming musicians found out they can come to 365 to find the best album cover designers, and they want to see samples of your work. Come on, let's show them!

1. First, THE BAND or THE ARTIST: Go to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
then choose the link for "random article" on the top left side of the page. The first random Wikipedia article you get is the name of your musician(s) or band.

2. THE ALBUM: Go to http://www.quotationspage.com/ and choose "random quotes" from the left menu. Scroll down to the end of the page. The last 4 to 6 words of any of the three last quotes on the page is the title of your album, whichever you think would go with your band or artist.

3. Next, find or take a photo that fits the album and artist(s). Album covers are square, so don't forget to crop it.

4. Then, use your favourite editing program to create your cover. There are many free editing programs out there -- ipiccy, ribbet, affinity, gimp, befunky, etc. You can use any image of yours for the album, old or new, but you must use your own images and do all processing for the cover and upload it during the time frame of the challenge.

START DATE - Friday, April 16th 2021
END DATE - Sunday, May 16th, 2021
TAG: albumcoverchallenge125

View entries here: https://365project.org/tags/albumcoverchallenge125

To keep this discussion alive and current, you may post your album cover in this discussion thread if you feel so inclined. To do this, click on the three dots on the bottom right of your post and then copy and paste the embed code on to the comment box below. Your picture will appear in the discussion once you click on "post comment".

So bring me your booty and let battle commence. Fair winds and calm seas to you all an I look forward to seeing your entries

An as us pirates are oft known to say....... .Let's have at it, an' them's as dies 'll be the lucky ones. :)
April 15th, 2021
Artist: St Charles Borromeo Seminary.

Title:- "try going to sleep."

Quote:- "To achieve the impossible dream, try going to sleep".Joan Klempner
April 16th, 2021
Artist =St. Brigid's Church, (Prince Edward Island)

Album= Taking things for granted

Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted.

Aldous Huxley
April 16th, 2021
I had to read about St Brigid.. patron St of Ireland...and beer amongst other things.
April 16th, 2021
@kali66 Reading about beer maskes me thirsty. :)
April 29th, 2021
Artist - Web feed
Title: Something to get away from

Quote: Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from. Jodie Foster (1962 -)
May 3rd, 2021
@salza Don't forget to post the cover. :)
May 3rd, 2021
@kali66 Don't forget to post the cover. :)
May 4th, 2021
@swillinbillyflynn yes i keep looking at the title and not getting much inspiration but i will try !
May 4th, 2021
i took another pick in case that was easier
artist - living for the night
album- go out in the ocean
Either you decide to stay in the shallow end of the pool or you go out in the ocean.

Christopher Reeve
May 4th, 2021
@kali66 Sounds like my sort of album. :)
Write a Reply