Update on Composite Challenge 47

July 3rd, 2022
Life can sure throw some unexpected things your way and that would be the definition of mine over the last 3 weeks. Most of it was good, with one little health glitch (not due to surgeries or Covid for those who know my recent health ordeals), and some was just work projects taking over all my creative energy! Soooo...that being said, I was not surprised to see no entires, yes, I mean ZERO entries for the recent composite challenge.

I'd love to see this status change, therefore I'm extending the deadline to July 11th, 2022 (midnight whatever your time zone) and reprinting all the instructions for your perusal. The theme for this round of the composite challenge is “Make Me Smile”. You can choose whatever photos, layers, textures and processing you’d like but make it fun and make us smile. Go abstract, realistic, slapstick, kooky- whatever suits your fancy!

If you need a little instruction to help get you started check out this link:
https://www.masterclass.com/articles/composite-image-guide

For added inspiration, check out this link on 365: https://365project.org/tags/composite

So, what actually is a composite? Wikipedia describes compositing as “the combining of visual elements from separate sources into single images, often to create the illusion that all of those elements are part of the same scene.” Making a composite image can be fun and all that processing, layering and erasing really gets the creative juices flowing. If you’ve never worked with photo processing before there are plenty of tutorials for the most popular editing programs on YouTube or just experiment with one until you are satisfied with the outcome!

For this challenge you must use at least one of your own pictures but you can supplement it with other pictures of your own or from the internet, textures, layers, stickers and free stock images if you so choose.

***Please keep in mind that if you use an image that is not yours, stock or from a friend, it must be licensed as copyright free or used with permission, and if it’s something you found on the internet, you should credit the photo in your narrative ***

You can enter as many times as you like but only one photo per photographer may be chosen as a finalist.

This challenge will start June 4, 2022 and run until July 11, 2022.
Tag: composite47

To see entries from the last round check out https://365project.org/tags/composite46

I’ll be looking forward to having fun and grinning from ear to ear when it’s time to choose the finalists. Until then, have fun everyone!!

Ann LeFevre
@Olivetreeann
July 3rd, 2022
I misnumered my entries as 46 Ann because I saw the link to 46 and thought it was current challenge. Have retagged
July 4th, 2022
I have been wondering about you and am happy you are fine. I want to try this but no promises
July 4th, 2022
been meaning to do one but time keeps on interrupting my schedule 😜 but i will try to find time before your new deadline. "try" being the operative word.
July 4th, 2022
@30pics4jackiesdiamond @grammyn @summerfield

Thanks Jackie, Katy and Vikki! Your efforts are definitely appreciated since "busy" has been my middle name for the last 3 weeks!
Write a Reply