Unusually Large Amount of Daily Views.

April 21st, 2019
Daily views on my statistics have risen to 277 views for one photo in the last seven days. I had the same happen a few months ago with an older photo from a few years ago with 188 views. What might cause this has anyone an idea.
April 21st, 2019
I'm normally lucky to get 20 views and today I've had 244! Woo Hoo, I love it.
April 21st, 2019
@wendyfrost @kjarn Normally get 10-20 views per image but have also had an unusually high number of views on one or two photos - one of 291 views!
April 21st, 2019
when this has occured over time on one photo it is usually because someone has bookmarked the page, but that many in a day is curious, i was going to suggest it was on the popular or new faces page you would get more views but may not be the case
April 21st, 2019
looking at my stats three older photos which are the last in each of my albums have the same number of views as the newest photos which is odd too!
April 21st, 2019
The photo in question has now risen to 307 lol.???
April 21st, 2019
How wierd, just checked mine and two old photos have over 130 views today. @scrivna any ideas Ross???
April 21st, 2019
Mine is opposite. I have had 30-40 views now I’m down to 4 and very little activity. I thought it was because it was a holiday, but can’t account for the surges.
April 21st, 2019
I've noticed an increase too, thought it was unusual.
April 21st, 2019
me too! crazy number of views all of a sudden
April 21st, 2019
Just wondering - do views only register from logged in users? Or if someone outside of the site who isn't logged in views your image, does that register as a view? If that's the case, I wonder has someone pinned some images to their Pinterest (or similar type site)?

I know I've come across some of my own images on Pinterest during random searches for things...
April 21st, 2019
I just had a closer look and it was two photos in December 2018 that suddenly got 311 views each yesterday - weird!
April 22nd, 2019
@m2016 The extra views only show up in my statistics Mel. My page only shows up normal views from logged in users. I am wondering If Pinterest is the culprit but I don't know if it is that easy to transfer (steal) images. - 341 views now.
April 22nd, 2019
I have the same thing happening on Radom shots... doesn’t seem normal.
April 22nd, 2019
I have a silly question, how does one check the views except for the ones on the daily page?
April 22nd, 2019
Weighing in, I am seeing about 550 views within the last few days from 2 photos around Christmas. Very odd. I am not on Pinterest, nor have I put either of the photos up on another social media site.
April 22nd, 2019
@ludwigsdiana Diana if you go to Your Project at the top of the page and then Photo Stats. it will show your views for the last 24 hours and seven days and your most used tags.
April 22nd, 2019
The views on the two photos in December just keeps going up - 332 now on each
April 22nd, 2019
I went to look and found the same. Over 300 views on a shot from last December in the past week. Very odd indeedy...... @scrivna is this trackable? Could it be someone is posting links somewhere else online? Since this is happening to a number of people at once, it seems a little targeted. Not sure if there is anything that we can do about it? Just makes one feel a tad uneasy......
April 22nd, 2019
@wendyfrost Thanks Wendy, much appreciated 😊
April 22nd, 2019
I am getting more views too, random ones from months ago. I suppose photos are not protected on this site.
April 22nd, 2019
My stats have jumped up madly too. So after reading the above, I Googled fbailey365pinterest and someone called chapelonhill.com has listed some of mine under Collections. It's a Japanese or Chinese site. How easy is it to steal pictures and use them under another name?
April 23rd, 2019
Looks like the random pics I checked in my project were not "selected" but I think I'll try Felicity's method and see what pops up. I am not on Pinterest though so it might not work. I know it's easy to steal pictures- but so many from 365 is weird- it's like we have a stalker!
April 23rd, 2019
@fbailey @olivetreeann I tried Pinterest but couldn't find anything with my name. I am not happy that someone is using (Stealing) my pictures and thought 365 a safe sight to be on. @Scrivna
April 23rd, 2019
@wendyfrost @olivetreeann I know it's easy to download images from this site on a mobile phone as when you press on a picture it gives you a list of options, two of which are Open Image and Download Image. These are next to each other and I've downloaded a pic by accident before whilst trying to view it. How large the files are I don't know as I deleted it.
April 23rd, 2019
@fbailey The little arrow box on the date line under your image takes you to several media sites I think I wonder if this makes it public and can anyone use it even though its not your page.
April 23rd, 2019
@ludwigsdiana I didn't know either Diana - I never look at that stuff hahahaha
April 23rd, 2019
The files are small, okay for online but not great for printing. Still people can use them for online purposes. Looks like a hack of December photos. One of mine is of my husband, who would want that?
April 23rd, 2019
@annied Lol, then there are two of us ;-)
April 23rd, 2019
I've been getting a lot of views too on some of my older photos so I've set my whole account to restricted for the time being, rather than just individual photos.
April 23rd, 2019
@fbailey I did the same and found one of my photos on chapelonhill.com too. I feel quite uncomfortable about this. @nickspicsnz Does restricting the account mean only 365 members can see it? I suppose this would stop family who aren't on 365 from viewing my photos.
April 23rd, 2019
@rosie00 @nickspicsnz I've just restricted mine too. I'm not happy with someone else flagging them. Guess I should be flattered but I'm not!
April 23rd, 2019
@fbailey @rosie00 I have found some of mine on chapelonhill too
April 23rd, 2019
Just another thought. @fbailey I have just restricted some of mine too as this makes me very uncomfortable. If you edit the photographs that have the huge viewing numbers by clicking on the edit button on that picture and changing the public to restricted, it should cut that particular photo off from being viewed from chapel on hill or wherever it has been linked to.

@rosie00 Restricting your account means that any you post for restricted viewing rather than public can only be seen by people on your followers list that you have selected. If you check out your followers list, you will see the option against each name for public or public and restricted viewing. The default is public. If you select the followers you are happy seeing your restricted images, they will be the only ones to see it. Does that help?
April 23rd, 2019
@casablanca Thanks for that!
April 23rd, 2019
@wendyfrost @fbailey @rosie00 @olivetreeann @rosiekerr

Just a thought.......I just checked out a number of people's high viewings and found many of them were from those tagged for the Treats Theme in December. Is that true for everyone? Was it just that section or have you experienced this with others?
April 23rd, 2019
Hey guys, thanks for tagging me in this discussion. As others have suggested, if you feel uncomfortable with your photos on the internet, best to turn on the privacy options on your account.
April 23rd, 2019
@casablanca Thank you for the restriction info and a good idea to restrict the ones with high viewing figures.

I haven't tagged any of mine for a theme so that doesn't apply to me.
April 24th, 2019
@casablanca Mine were not from the theme in December they just seem to be random. I am going to restrict the ones with high viewing. Thank you for your input.
April 24th, 2019
@Scrivna Thank you for your suggestion I am going to restrict the ones with high viewing for now.
April 24th, 2019
@fbailey I think that, although I've put restrictions on my account, photos which aren't individually restricted can still be viewed by anyone. I've now also individually restricted the shots that have high viewing figures (not that they're as high as some people seem to be getting but are high for my account ☺)

@casablanca I didn't tag any of mine for the treats theme.

I don't mind people looking at my photos as I know this is a public web site, but I wouldn't want them actually posted on other sites, if that's what could be happening.
April 24th, 2019
@casablanca I didn't take part in that one- but I haven't had time to go through my account from Dec. either. I'll have to make some time and see...
April 24th, 2019
Mine were not from the theme
April 24th, 2019
@wendyfrost thank you for raising this, from now on I'll look at photo stats and if any are high shall restrict!
@casablanca going to keep mind public, but monitor closer in future!!

Have made private those with high viewing numbers which were around Christmas.
April 24th, 2019
@30pics4jackiesdiamond I have done the same thing! Went back and restricted the high viewing numbers and also a number of others I consider more appropriate to be private. If it happens again, I shall consider going completely private. It's just a shame that that means only followers with restricted access can see anything, but if needs be.......

@wendyfrost I echo JackieR. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Clearly it is an issue many people want to have a choice in.
April 24th, 2019
..and I would like to thank you too for drawing our attention to this @wendyfrost.
@casablanca @30pics4jackiesdiamond I am going back too and will restrict some images and also considered going completely private but it would feel like being cut off from the community.
I am surprised how much this has bothered me and spoilt the pleasure of being here. I know the site is open to the public but didn't expect the images to be shared to this extent and possibly used as a free source of images. I have had problems uploading my image over the past few days and even wondered whether it is because the site is busy being viewed by these people!
April 25th, 2019
@rosie00 I went off grid for a nano second and thought that there's no point as I enjoy the constructive feedback ( and favs!!) . Am going to check out my stats which I rarely do.
April 25th, 2019
@30pics4jackiesdiamond A nice relaxed thought!

I have 141 views today but if I add up the total of views in the last twenty-four hours then there are only 43 views so it is all a bit weird!
April 26th, 2019
@rosie00 @30pics4jackiesdiamond @casablanca I feel it has spoilt the pleasure of taking part and if I restrict new images I don't think they will appear on the popular and trending pages and can't be used in challenges. I am just going to restrict older ones with high viewing if it happens again .
April 27th, 2019
@wendyfrost @rosie00 @casablanca @olivetreeann @nickspicsnz @Scrivna @fbailey @ludwigsdiana @sugarmuser @kjarn @pistache @kali66 @4rky

Hi, I've just added copyright info to my exif data! Not bragging, I found it by accident when looking for something else. Might be useful ( unless I'm only one on 365 who didn't know could do this and you already do this!!) J
April 27th, 2019
@30pics4jackiesdiamond I didn't know! But how did you do it?
April 27th, 2019
@4rky it's a setting on my camera, just put my initials and part of postcode.
April 27th, 2019
@30pics4jackiesdiamond I will have a delve through my camera settings. Thanks Jackie :)
April 27th, 2019
@30pics4jackiesdiamond Thank you Jackie I will have a look.
April 27th, 2019
@30pics4jackiesdiamond Thank you Jackie..I will look too.

The high viewings have calmed down today, more normal figures. I am surprised with this site that it is possible to view everything (apart from restricted) without signing in, which you have to do on many web sites.
April 27th, 2019
@rosie00 I’m noticing that too - very weird
April 27th, 2019
@casablanca mine were both from the treats theme
April 27th, 2019
@30pics4jackiesdiamond Thanks for that Jackie, just Googled how to do this with a D5100 and it's under Image Comments. Sorted!
April 27th, 2019
@Scrivna Hi Ross, will it be possible to have this as a new feature for future updates to the site, namely to restrict viewing of the photos only to people logged in to the site?
April 27th, 2019
@lmsa A good idea Louise to ask if that is possible :)
April 27th, 2019
@30pics4jackiesdiamond @fbailey Thanks Jackie and Fiona for the info. I have my name on as Copyright info on my photos but I've also added it on the Image Comment as well.
April 28th, 2019
@30pics4jackiesdiamond Oh- I think that's in my camera and I have it set to on. Will have to double check just to see. So far my photos have not appeared to have been tampered with. thanks for the info.
June 2nd, 2019
I now have more than 600 views on one photo in a week! Unheard of as I'm usually lucky to get 20! @busylady
June 3rd, 2019
@busylady I am still getting larger amounts of views on current photos this time. My camera doesn't have a copyright setting and restricting them is an option but I think it means they will not be on the popular and trending pages then. I think I will just have to put up with it.
Write a Reply