Next month calendar ideas?

June 27th, 2019
Is anything happening next month? I was thinking maybe doing something with the alphabet. Does anyone have any other ideas? Please leave ideas in this thread, I enjoy doing these with others, seeing what others come up with is inspiring.
June 27th, 2019
you can do a month of black and white.
June 27th, 2019
Didn’t someone host a month where each week was spent capturing the exact same object, photographed different ways? For example:
Week 1: work boots
Week 2: indoor plant
Week 3: hands or paws
Week 4: deck

That seemed intriguing.
June 27th, 2019
@summerfield did that this year already
June 27th, 2019
@deekjames I kind of done that this week with the wild challenge
June 27th, 2019
some years ago we had a month of movies... it was kind of like the song title challenge - take a picture that would fit the title of a movie... but it was a month long and there was no voting...
June 27th, 2019
July is looking like there are no month long themes, I run an abstract one in august. I followed the movie theme it was quite fun, also i think there was a kitchen theme i followed as well. Maybe you should start one up, they are always good for inspiration, it just coming up with a theme that isn't already covered by all the other challenges here that will make the task a bit harder
June 27th, 2019
The Word of the Month in August is traditionally Alphabet August.
I always try to coat-tail the Word of the Month with any monthly themes going on so people can tag both challenges at the same time. It works quite well.
For July I was thinking the word of the month could concentrate on words that either sound alike, or spelled alike, but have different meanings. (technical term is homonyms, homophones, homographs, and heteronyms) Example – bear / bare. As in bear the animal, bear in mind, or bare naked. Other examples are there, their, they’re and wine or whine ... you get the idea!
Have you ever tried the word of the month? It really is a fun and stress-free challenge.
But, no matter what, I will do my best to coat-tail on whatever theme you come up with.
June 27th, 2019
How about a month of architecture or a month of travel photos in your own home town / area?
June 27th, 2019
@farmreporter I did word of the month this month
June 27th, 2019
@farmreporter I’ll tag you if I come up with something
June 27th, 2019
@sugarmuser
That's right - you did! So sorry ... I forgot!
I tend to get behind on my 365 commenting in the spring with the extra outdoor chores. Now starting to catch up again.
What about the second idea of architecture or travel photos in your own home town?
June 27th, 2019
I like doing alphabet August, but might give me a break from it this yesr- but will probably do it
June 27th, 2019
@farmreporter has nursery rhymes been done? Or numbers? Shapes or frames?
June 27th, 2019
I do not think that nursery rhymes have been done - but I do think numbers have been. As for shapes and frames - not a whole month of them.
They might be interesting!
June 27th, 2019
@farmreporter Thanks for your help Wendy, It's been a while and I don't know what people have done since I was last here.
June 27th, 2019
I've decided to run with Framing. Thank you to everyone who gave ideas, it was much appreciated, I didn't want to run with something already running later in the year.
Write a Reply