Borders and Frames

August 4th, 2020
I have searched high and low for WHITE borders and grungy frames. Can anyone please give me a link or point me in the right direction? I am prepared to pay for them, they do not have to be free ones. Thanks
August 4th, 2020
if you mean an app that has the option to add borders, snapseed is one. It is available on mobile and pc.
August 4th, 2020
You failed to say what type of computer you have,but if you have an Apple, Pixlr has all kinds of borders. It is also free.
August 4th, 2020
@monikozi thanks Moni. I have snapseed but need something for my laptop. I need a white grunge which I cannot find ;-)
August 4th, 2020
@kathyboyles Thanks Kathy, I have windows and also have pixlr on my cell. I did not know that it is also available on pc. I need something in white :-)
August 4th, 2020
I use Snapseed too
August 4th, 2020
I use ipiccy a lot and it has borders an frames I think. I am not sure if it has what you are looking for though! I have a free download of it on my PC
August 4th, 2020
Have you tried Grungetastic? I’m sure you can change the border colour on there.
August 4th, 2020
Hi Diana, it sounds like you need a clipping mask, to put over your artwork.
Try https://www.frenchkisscollections.com/products/watery-brushed-masks
August 5th, 2020
@grammyn @tinley23 @yorkshirekiwi Thanks so much, I will look into those :-)
August 5th, 2020
@tinley23 Hi Lesley, I downloaded it and paid for it, but cannot handle it. There is also no info or tutorial on how to use it. can you maybe put me in the right direction?
August 5th, 2020
@ludwigsdiana It’s a nuisance when they don’t supply tutorials isn’t it. I only use the free one but I imagine it’s the same. Go in to the app and first of all choose which photos you want to use. Then scroll along the layouts at the top and tap on the one you like. Then you go to the bottom and select borders. Play about with the sliders at the bottom to get the border size you want and then tick. Then go to colour at the bottom and choose which colour you want from the spectrum, or even a patterned border. When you’re happy tick again and then hit ‘save’ at the top right of the screen. It will save straight to your photos. Hope that helps. 🙂
August 5th, 2020
I use Smart Photo Editor. There is a yearly fee for it, but it has a million (ok, maybe a little less than that!) frames- including the kinds you're looking for. If you do get it, and still can't find them let me know and I'll direct you to where they are- but I think if you go this route, you'll no issues finding them.
August 6th, 2020
@olivetreeann Thanks so much Ann, will look into it today and let you know. There are so many with grungy frames, but they are all black! I wonder if it is possible to change the colour in PS. I might give that a try too ;-)
August 6th, 2020
@olivetreeann Hi Ann, I downloaded the trial and played around a bit. There are some amazing styles and a lot to pay around with. The only problem that I do not like, if one chooses a border and wants it less intense it changes the colours of the photo. Maybe I am doing something wrong? Seems like I will still have to continue searching for just borders. Thanks for introducing me to this Editor :-)
August 6th, 2020
@tinley23 Silly me, I downloaded and paid through bluestax which is awful! I just deleted it and downloaded a trial version and really like it. I just wish one could mask some of the effects off. I could not find a free one, could you please give me the link to yours? There are so many and they all say free, but so far they cost ;-)
August 6th, 2020
@tinley23 Thanks Lesley, only for apple 😥. That is not Grundgetastic though, but a collage when I open it ?
August 6th, 2020
@ludwigsdiana I haven't tried that on any of my photos but I'm wondering if you could use the "area treatment" option to lighten the border but not the rest of the picture. I think I've done what you're talking about with Ribbet when using a vignette but I don't think they have a grungy frame. But as you said- I'm sure there's something out there somewhere that does exactly what you want. Happy hunting!
Write a Reply