I have two questions

August 4th, 2021
Question 1: What if you notice someone who has been posting regularly and you are following stops posting? Do you just assume that they have, for their own reasons, stopped? Or do you feel, especially in these times, a bit concerned and follow up?

Question 2: If you want to contact a person privately, is that OK, allowed, possible?

Cheers Suzanne.
August 4th, 2021
1. you can leave a message on the most current photo.

2. what i do is leave a comment on an older photo giving my email address and asking if they can contact me through that email (or phone if possible for both of you). then when you have made contact, you can go back and delete your post with your email address or phone number.
August 5th, 2021
Thankyou for that. It is most helpful and I will follow your advice. Best wishes Suzanne
August 5th, 2021
great questions - I often wish there was a way we can hit - contact privately, even if that happened within the 365 space so that we still don't just get their contact details.

In this time of uncertainty I find I worry about people that seem to disappear too.

the message on an old photo is a trick I have used before too 🤗
August 5th, 2021
Thankyou for your reply. I haven't been doing this project long but I find I like the regular contact with particular people and I appreciate the kind and thoughtful comments.

When somebody disappears I find myself concerned about their situation especially with COVID19 raging around the world and uncertainty about employment and so on.

Sometimes I want to send a personal message but not sure that I want my personal contact details publicly displayed nor anybody else's. I think your idea of a 'contact privately' link to click on is a great one but not sure how that could be pursued??

Thankyou again. I find all your comments insightful and helpful.

@koalagardens
August 5th, 2021
Good question and replies. Just shows what a caring community this is. Thanks foto friends.
August 5th, 2021
1. If I'm really concerned I first check their profile to see if they've put an email address in there. Otherwise I do what Vikki does- post a question on one of their older photos with a "get in touch with me if you want to" note and my email. I have a "public" email that I give out for such occasions.

2. Yes- especially if a person lists an email in their profile. In April I ended up in the hospital with Covid. When I was finally able to get back on to my computer it was really special to see that some of my 365 friends had reached out to touch base and see if I was ok. Thankfully by that time I was! This truly is a special community. I know it first hand.
August 5th, 2021
Thankyou for that. Really helpful. Glad to know you got through the COVID experience, I hope with not too many lingering effects. @olivetreeann
August 5th, 2021
I am learning what a great community it is. Thankyou.
@randystreat
August 6th, 2021
@ankers70 You're welcome Suzanne and if you want to read my story, it's here:
https://365project.org/olivetreeann/365/2021-04-19
August 6th, 2021
Thankyou for sharing that. I wish some of the doubters here could read it and realise what catching COVID19 is about! @olivetreeann
August 6th, 2021
I definitely worry when a regular poster doesn’t post. I leave a message on their latest photo hoping they are fine and just off to new interests. But I like summerfield’s advice.
August 6th, 2021
Yes I think that advice is really useful, too. @shutterbug49
August 7th, 2021
Ditto..good thoughts all!
August 7th, 2021
@olivetreeann oh wow I've never noticed anyone put an email address in their profile. I'm going to add my social media links in to mine as that is an easy way to allow private contact
August 7th, 2021
@koalagardens I've actually had people use it too. I find that any way that you can connect your social media dots helps in the long run.
August 7th, 2021
Good idea. @olivetreeann
Write a Reply