Identify This No. 135 by netkonnexion

Identify This No. 135

The objects in todays pictures are not up in the air. But what and where are they?

More about "Identify This"...

Previously, in ID This No. 133...
'Twas a rubber crutch foot or stop. That funny shaped thing that goes on the end of a medical crutch to stop it slipping out from under you when walking with it.

Honorable mentions...
Brian Buccigrossi - Crutch or walker foot. Correctomundo. Nice one! You are todays first winner!

Paula Brumbe - ah something I am an expert on. These are the thingie non skid stoppers for crutches, canes and walkers. Now mind you these are not the fancy upgraded tennis ball walker skid alongs seen down at the senior center. Net says:-->> Nicely put. True, this is one of the precision class of crutch stops. Excellent answer. The precision award of the day to you! YYYYEEEEHHHHAAAA!

june milner - Amazed so many recognise thsi , and my sympathies for them as they know it so well.
Net says:-->> I know them well myself. Used crutches for nearly 2 years! Hard time...

Howard N - In Connecticut we call the above pictured item a 'crutch tip.' It's used as Paula said.
I suppose you could also use it, if you had an ink pad available, as a rubber stamp to make mini, miniature shooting targets... but why would anybody want to do that? Net says:-->> The absurd printer of the day award to you Howard. LOL. Yeeehaaa!

Doug O. - Shower curtain rod rubber end fitting... Net says:-->> Excellent idea. A Doohicky award! Yeeehaaa!

photoite - ok - my turn - a very small speaker - mac'ed. - for an aunt hill concert! Net says:-->> Huge LOL> Love that idea. Nice one Definately a macro-Doohicky award for you! YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEHHHHAAA!

carole albrecht - something for the end of a cane so that when you put down your cane or crutches they don't fly out from under you - so you have really good support! Net says:-->> Yes! Another prcise answer! A Doohicky award! YYYYEEEEhhhaaa!

Alison Bailey - Yes, looks like a rubber tip for a walking stick. If it was made of iron you'd call it a ferrule. but it isn't, so you can't - and maybe it's not for a walking stick at all (said she in an attempt to hedge her bets). Net says:-->> Its OK Alison, I have a special award for you. Its the Hedge Cutter Award. 'cos you hedged your bets. LOL> Yeehaa!

Kathy A - A branding iron, except its rubber! Net says:-->> So a branding rubber then.LOL it would melt! Grin. A melted Doohicky award! Yeha!

Nancy Holte - I'm going to have to go with the others. A crutch tip, or a cane tip. The question is, why do you have one? Net says:-->> Since you ask, I permanantly disabled myself in a serious sports accident. I was on crutches for nearly two years and now have to use a knee brace and a walking stick to walk more than a few meters. LOL. But I still have a good life! I have you lot to entertain me!

Sue Roth - I first thought it was a shower head, but then I saw that it was either very much clogged up...or it was missing the holes...then I thought it could be a chair leg tip... Net says:-->> Wow! You pretty much tried 'em all! Cool. LOL. Not a crutch foot then? Tee hee...

Thanks for keeping me and others entertained. I appreciate each and every comment. Thanks.

Hope to see ya soon!

My other albums today:
Male connector for an antenna or RF source. Looks sort of like a stereo RCA jack but lacks the side slits. The female connector on the right has the side slits. So, I think that they are RF connectors.
September 28th, 2011  
tops for cables that plug into each other or maybe the males and females are swingers and they bandy about with other males and females to get great music and visuals. Oh, did I go to far this time? I was so trying to be good and direct.
September 28th, 2011  
It's for a LEMo connector, isn't it?
September 28th, 2011  
I'd say some kind of male and female coax cable connectors. Look like something you would find located and plugged in in the TV cabinet behind all the boxes, modems, splitters, amplifiers, tuners, cd/dvd players and such.
September 28th, 2011  
Coax connector. RG-58?
September 28th, 2011  
Looks like an audio cable.
September 28th, 2011  
No idea.
September 28th, 2011  
Some plug into thing
September 28th, 2011  
Connectors mainly used for TV aerials...male & female.
September 28th, 2011  
A wire connector, coax
September 29th, 2011  
male connectors of some kind.
September 29th, 2011  
Another gem! This is Marvin the Martian's PQ36 Space Modulator!
September 29th, 2011  
The ends of two thingeys that plug together to make just one thingey...maybe to carry current (or alternatively, currants)
September 29th, 2011  
looks alien to me. So I have to agree with Paula here. =)
September 29th, 2011  
Think they are jack-plugs - male and female. Lovely composition.
September 29th, 2011  
A video cable for vcr to tv
September 30th, 2011  
Oh, I'm so sorry about the disability. Glad you are still able to get around and get some great pictures to share with us. I have two fake knees so I know the up and down required for pictures isn't always easy.
October 1st, 2011  
Leave a Comment
Sign up for a free account or Sign in to post a comment.