BLACK & WHITE FORTNIGT NO 10. THE FINAL & FAVOURITE.

September 20th, 2014
Hello

Well this will be the last black and white fortnight for now. I may resume it in the future. I hope you have all enjoyed them over the last few months. There has been some wonderful images. Why stopping? My Chronic Fatigue has flared up at the moment, I'm struggling to get out with my camera and keep up on here. So it's time to just think about my own project.

The last theme? Its very open...it's FAVOURITE...(mainly because my brain is just empty and not functioning)....I'd like for the last theme to see your favourite subjects turned into b and w, be that macro, street, architecture......what ever your favourite style of photography is do it in b and w. Go back to your first love in photography and give it the monochrome treatment. If you're ace member I challenge you to post a colour and b and w version of your favourite styles/subjects and see what the impact is.

I hope you've all enjoyed this thread and have learnt something from the images you've taken and seen by others.

Last tag will be bw-fn-10.
@salza @taffy @ericdibosco @gazbadger @thistle @libertylady@frantic @kayceejay @mats365 @onewing@tristansmum @callymazoo @crewnelson @lyndemc @aliha @ninaganci @teejay14@della @gnome @gigiflower @cazla @judithdeacon @ridley @gardencat @kathyboyles@redpants @justaspark @gozoinklings @linnypinny @andrewkru @nikkilee @polarvrtx@northy @dh @darylo @bristolrose @quietpurplehaze @mukeshpapd @stevied@radiogirl @joansmor @frankhymus @yrhenwr @seanoneill @lichtecht @oopsadaisy@nookie72 @graemestevens @cimes1 @d_lopes @lleo @snaphappi @annied @salsa @newbank @paulam @redpants @dibzgreasley @pitasmum @obmcreations @barbtatum@froggie0628 @swilde @egad @awsadler68 @brigette @genealogygenie@mathilde22cat @shawnasays @stimuloog @mara19500 @rachelwithey @my_photofun @kjbadger @mzzhope @barrowlane @paulty @jocasta @northy @pennyp @soseema@lynnilou @fjmom @voiceprintz @rebecka @annied @farmreporter @rangerxenos@uk@livealittleandie1 @gratefulness @cindyloo @whatsfordessert @ceilidh @winshez @kjbadger @anne_k @mittens @happysnapper65 @catwoman2 @denisefuller@slmaatta @studiouno @my_photofun @pamknowler @axika @vignouse @michael1947 @daisymiller @axika @melanierivers @golftragic @kbird61@fivefingerofdeath @mittens @nanderson @eilert @golftragic @skipt07 @paulcunningham @shaunasauna7 @beschnett @pamknowler

Newbank Lass

September 20th, 2014
thanks Ruth - people have enjoyed this theme immensely I think - hope you are feeling better soon
September 20th, 2014
Hi Ruth, thanks so much for doing these, they have been an enormous amount of fun and very useful for me. I hope you feel better soon, thinking of you.
September 20th, 2014
@newbank 'm going to give this a go too!
September 20th, 2014
I want to do this one.................it's been fun and interesting.
Hope your feeling better soon!
September 20th, 2014
So sorry to hear you're not well Ruth, hope you feel better soon. This sounds like quite a challenge, I hope to join in.
September 20th, 2014
@annied @dibzgreasley @radiogirl @bella_ss Thanks, the fatigue comes and goes. Lived with it for 10 plus years but its in a spiralling down bad stage at the moment. Hope it spirals back up soon... Thanks for your kind words.
September 20th, 2014
This has been great fun - Thanks for putting it together for us and I'm sending feel better soon thoughts your way!
September 20th, 2014
Thank you for doing all of this Newbank Lass. It's been fun participating in the fortnight themes and looking at other's pictures in it. This last one will be fun to do, too.

Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better soon.
September 20th, 2014
so sorry to hear you're feeling poorly... do take care of yourself!

i will miss these challenges... black and white is my favourite thing with photography and i've really enjoyed having regular themes for black and white...
September 20th, 2014
Hope you can see a light soon. And thank you for your leadership in this theme. All the best to you!
September 20th, 2014
@newbank Thanks for tagging me! Hope you get your inspiration back soon & then tag me again in another wonderful challenge! Meanwhile I think this] subject is great! Hope I can figure out something!
September 20th, 2014
This is a great subject, I have been "off air" a bit myself lately but will definitely join in with this one. Take care of yourself and hopefully the flare-up with flare-down again soon!
September 20th, 2014
Thanks for doing this, the last few months. I've participated less than I would have liked to, but enjoyed what I did get done and seeing all the other entries. I'll really try to get something in for this last session.

Hope you fell better soon.
September 20th, 2014
Thanks for this theme Newbank! It's been fun! Here is my fav from the reflection fortnight. @northy for @madhatters
September 20th, 2014
@newbank Even I might have a go .... hope you start to feel better soon. Sometimes It's not just camera batteries that need recharging!
September 20th, 2014
@newbank Thank you so much for running this theme. It has been so enjoyable and I really hope you start to feel better soon.
September 20th, 2014
thanks for organising. Rest up!
September 21st, 2014
Chronic fatigue is a bummer. Hope it subsides soon. Be kind to yourself. Thanks for doing this. Thinking caps on!
September 21st, 2014
Thank you so much for the fortnight challenge. I have learned so much about black and white photography. I even received a couple of ribbons for two black and white photos at a fair's photo contest. Take care of yourself. Rest up. I hope your chronic fatigue symptoms fade so you can recharge yourself.
September 21st, 2014
Thanks for running this series Ruth, hope you feel better soon, CFS is just plain awful. I'll see what I can think up for this last hurrah.
September 21st, 2014
Ruth, I am amazed at your fortitude in hosting and participating beyond the call of duty . I also wrestle with CFS - ME/CFS or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome as it is called in Australia. I am in awe of the challenges you must face with a young family. I also have a wonderfully supportive husband .
I wonder how many other 365ers are closet sufferers riding the relapses and remissions as they come. I hope. like me you can manage to keep up your posts - even if only from time to time and also enjoy the fun of chatting away with some of your friends on this site.
All the very best - thinking of you.
September 21st, 2014
Thank you for hosting this challenge. I too have enjoyed it tremendously, but now you need to concentrate on your own health. I hope you start to feel better soon and I will be thinking of you.
September 21st, 2014
Thank you for hosting this challenge, I have really enjoyed it. Hope to see it back in future. In the meantime, you need to look after yourself.
September 21st, 2014
I also extend my thanks! The one I did regularly was light and shadows. I feel like doing that for two weeks really benefited my view of what I see.
September 21st, 2014
While I am relatively new to your fortnight themes, I have enjoyed participating in the b/w. I hope you are back on your feet soon. While we will miss these you need to take care of you! Count me in!
September 21st, 2014
Thanks for giving 365 the opportunity to participate in the b&w. I learned a lot. I hope that your CF will take a turn for the better. Take care.
September 24th, 2014
Thank you for a very worthwhile challenge. I haven't participated in all of them but have thoroughly enjoyed the learning. I too suffer from CF so I can empathise and appreciate the difficulties in managing it. I liken it to a game of snakes and ladders - go easy on the ladders or you will fall foul of the snakes! I hope that, by pacing yourself better for a while, you will soon get back on the ladder once again. Take care for now. Linda
September 24th, 2014
@happysnapper65 Thanks. Pacing is the word of the game! I think the 6 week school holidays did me in and re adjusting to the different demands of kids. Hoping it will ease again soon.
October 5th, 2014
Ruth, Thank you for hosting the fortnight challenges. I learned so much about black and white photography from these. Take care of yourself.
Write a Reply