Re-starting the Voting for the Artist Challenge ~ Berenice Abbott

November 30th, 2015
Let me start by giving my sincere apologies to Allison and Jackie who have already had their picture posted by me on the site and that the voting had already begun. Second I need to apologize to the people who submitted pictures but I did not know how to find them. And lastly to the people who have already voted. Nothing about this seems fair at this point but I hope we can all forgive me for being a newbie and find it in our hearts to start again. If anyone of you finds this not acceptable please let me know but for now I am posting all the contestants and we will commence again with the voting. If you knew me in my life and not on this website you would know how truly sorry I am for all the confusion and inconvenience. Let's just say I will never enter a contest again and I am sure you are all shaking your heads agreeing with me :)

Once again Good Luck to all, they are all amazing photos and you have represented her work well. She would be proud!!!!!!

1. @studiouno

2. @jackies365

3. @kali66

4. @annied

5. @summerfield

6. @my_photofun

7. @salza

8. @bill_fe

November 30th, 2015
oh Mary i feel a bit like i put you up to it now lol! but your sky p[ic for the last challenge was just perfect!
but really this is awesome that you have restarted the voting, and learnt the ways of the challenges, please dont feel bad, we all have a learning curve with things on this site, and we all enjoyed the challenge, so no bad has come of it i assure you!
November 30th, 2015
I am just going to tag all the entrants because there needed a space between the numbers and their tag, no worries. @salza @bill_fe @my_photofun @summerfield @annied @jackies365 @studiouno
November 30th, 2015
oh and i vote for 4
November 30th, 2015
@marymacaroni
i certainly hope you continue to enter challenges....i feel bad for not pointing things out a bit earlier in my comment...it didn't dawn on me what had happened.
All will work itself out - we all had trouble in our first challenges
November 30th, 2015
I vote

I knew it was artist right away
November 30th, 2015
Mary please don't get yourself worked up over this, everyone has to start somewhere! I admire you for what you are doing and please don't let this stop you from entering into other challenges.

My vote is for #1
November 30th, 2015
It's okay Mary, don't be hard on yourself. This site is about learning and that's what you are doing! And please, continue to enter challenges!

I vote #2
November 30th, 2015
All good! I already had an idea how fiddly the tagging can be!

@annied what is that creature? Very cool capture!

I'd vote for mine, of course, but #3 is super, and catches the spirit of the science photos!
November 30th, 2015
No problem! You are learning and you've done an excellent resubmit.

November 30th, 2015
November 30th, 2015
I'm going to go with 2. Please don't worry about this - you can't know how to run a challenge until you've done one, and we all had to learn! It would be such a shame not to enter future ones so I really hope you will.
November 30th, 2015
@marymacaroni Please don't be discouraged Mary, we all need to learn as we go on this site.
Thank you for including mine.
My vote goes to # 7
November 30th, 2015
November 30th, 2015
I entered and won a challenge once. Had to host the next. Completely phased me and have never entered a challenge since. Interestingly no one has ever wondered what happened to the particular regular challenge.
November 30th, 2015
Thank you for including mine!
My vote goes to # 5
November 30th, 2015
@marymacaroni thanks for re-doing all of this Mary. I appreciate you including my photo here. I hadn't even looked at the challenge results (busy weekend) until all of the comments had been submitted. Sorry about the inconvenience it caused you! Please continue your wonderful work and submitting it for challenges! my vote goes to #6.
November 30th, 2015
@studiouno it is a spiny leaf insect
November 30th, 2015
@motherjane it is a shame you were put off Jane - there are always people to help here - all you need do is ask and someone will offer a helping hand - was it the WCYS challenge?
December 1st, 2015
5 And, do keep entering contests. Live and learn- That's what this site is all about.
December 1st, 2015
Oh no Mary- don't give up on challenges! It's really true what folks are saying here. We all start out knowing nothing about the inner workings of 365! Some poke around and learn on their own, others ask lots of questions. And the seasoned 365ers are great about answering questions. If it wasn't for a kind photographer on 365, I would never have known my original point and shoot had a macro setting! So don't give up!!

December 1st, 2015
@motherjane I'm so sorry you had a bad experience that way. The challenges and competitions here are really supposed to be for the fun of it. I'm pretty sure there are several of them that are not being run currently. Sometimes someone just picks up the banner and restarts it. So that might happen to the one you did. Other times, a theme or challenge fades into the sunset. I wish someone had come alongside and helped you.
December 1st, 2015
December 1st, 2015
December 1st, 2015
@marymacaroni Mary, I just wanted to tell you that I completely relate to how you feel and I feel bad for you. I think everything is OK though and you shouldn't feel so bad! I won one contest here and never entered again! It completely stressed me out trying to figure out how to run the next challenge and getting through it.
December 1st, 2015
And ditto those who have said not to give up on themes/challenges. We were all there at one time.
December 2nd, 2015
December 2nd, 2015
@marymacaroni - How can you NOT forgive someone who goes by Mary Macaroni? Mary please don't give up! We all have had those moments. Don't give it another thought! You will find that this is a very forgiving group of people!
December 2nd, 2015
I was wondering what happened to the poetry challenge - similar fate as @motherjane?

(So far I'm happy just to be in the running!!)
December 2nd, 2015
You are too hard on yourself. I can get that way too so I understand. Please keep doing challenges, and participating in this wonderful 365 community!
December 2nd, 2015
December 2nd, 2015
December 3rd, 2015
Kim
December 3rd, 2015
December 3rd, 2015
December 3rd, 2015

don't stop! those of us that have been here for a while need new people to keep it interesting and show us their new ideas!
December 3rd, 2015
December 4th, 2015
Please stick with it! I felt the same way the first time I hosted. You're fine!!

I vote for 3.
December 7th, 2015
@skipt07
Skip I wanted to say that your comment on the Re-starting the voting cracked me up!!! Your right how could anyone be mad at a grown woman named Mary Macaroni!!! I work with all men and my name is Mary McMahan and so it turned into Mary Macaroni :) So silly!!!!
Write a Reply