Favourite picture from your project : 9th to 15th October 2017

October 15th, 2017
Post your favourite photo from your own project from this past week, taken from Monday 9th to Sunday 15th October and, if you want to, say why that one is your favourite.

To add pictures to the discussion click on the ellipsis underneath your photo (next to number of comments / favs) and then copy the embed code from the box and paste it in as your reply here.

On another note...

It feels like there are fewer and fewer people around on 365 these days... I took over the posting of this thread each week from someone else and have done it for a few years now - I used to see a lot more responses - 180 on a good week, 50 or 60 on a not so good week but this did fluctuate a bit (always a bit higher at the start of the year as new people begin 365 projects. This year I've really noticed a dip in the number of responses, not just on this particular thread, but I feel like it's not worth my time posting it any more. Last week's thread had just 7 replies, out of however many people use this site regularly! 51 has been the highest number of replies all year (back in January) and it just seems to be going down each week. I will keep it going until the end of the year and see how it goes but I am feeling like it's a waste of my time posting this thread each week these days.
October 15th, 2017
October 15th, 2017
It's sometimes sad to see the statistics, it's true. but the truth lies in the fact that behind each photo is a person! not a robot not computer not a machine. and people. with soul and feelings ...............
I thank you for your work. Thank you for the 365 project!
October 15th, 2017
October 15th, 2017
I appreciate your efforts, and thank you for the thread. I am guilty of not being on here as often as I'd like, but I am tonight and so here's mine :)
October 15th, 2017
This one, just because it got such a lovely response :-)

@roachling Louise, thank you for keeping this feature going, I don't always post but I do enjoy browsing to see what everyone's favourites are. I hope the response improves enough to make it worth your while.
October 15th, 2017
@olenadole @inthecloud5 @jesperani Thanks for your responses, glad to hear people enjoy browsing this thread - perhaps you've noticed too that there are fewer and fewer replies! I won't just stop posting it, I'll see if anyone else wants to take over, perhaps someone has a new idea or could revive it a little!
October 16th, 2017
There were two this week I really liked, but am choosing this one

October 16th, 2017
First posted picture with a new camera.
October 16th, 2017
Every October, the Robins decide our crab apples are the perfect softness for them to eat. Or maybe the Robins have just run out of other food. Either way, it makes for great kitchen-window entertainment. I especially liked the light in this shot, as well as the way the bird seemed to pose for me.

October 16th, 2017
This was my get pushed photo from last week. I was to design a cover for my favorite book. There were several techniques nd overlays used in creating the cover. You can see me if you look hard.
October 16th, 2017
I'll help~! :D

This is the only photo I have managed to upload this week (so far) as I've been busy due to various things, which hasn't really helped my behindness. I still need to reply to everyone too!
October 16th, 2017
October 16th, 2017

Because I could!!!
October 16th, 2017
I was "Get Pushed" into architecture; this was one of the efforts:

October 16th, 2017
I loved this because the lighting was so gorgeous and it was straight out of camera...no edit. Totally rare for me.
October 16th, 2017
Not because it's a great photo... but because it represents my hard training dedication
October 19th, 2017
Trying a different perspective
October 19th, 2017
@roachling Just to say a thank you for posting and hosting this each week...I find it interesting to see what people post here and how they see their own work...and also a chance for me to "meet" some photographers I don't see elsewhere. and it also makes me look at my own shots with a bit of a critical eye!
October 19th, 2017
Thanks, Louise, for hosting this thread! Sometimes I've been thinking that people just are a bit reluctant to show others why they like their own pics?! Me too :-)
I find it far more easy to talk about other pics than my own.
But... I'm quite proud of this one. (Oops, I just noticed that I shot it on the 16th; who cares;-)) t's a dried leaf which I've photographed from all kinds of angles, till I saw what interesting, wing-like, shadows a certain angle gave me. There's almost no editing involved. It inspired my imagination :-)

I had a dream ... of FALLen angel wings
October 24th, 2017
Thank you Louise for hosting this, like Marloes I am a bit reluctant to post my own shots, but I do often browse this thread. So this is my favourite shot of the week, I was originally hoping for a rather grand edit, but that failed so I nipped across the road and their cat was happy to pose for me.
October 24th, 2017
@granagringa @suzanne234 @stimuloog

Thanks for taking the to respond. There seems to be decreased activity generally across 365 in terms of the threads and challenges, with fewer people taking part... I don't think it's just this thread in particular but it does become a bit disheartening to see the number of responses as low as just 7! I'll keep it going a while longer and see if things pick up in the new year perhaps.
Write a Reply