Editing photos

June 27th, 2024
I think this has been brought up before but I was just wondering what editors people are using to edit their photos. Are you using free ones or ones you pay for? I'm using a free trial of Adobe Lightroom Classic right now but it is different that an older version I was using before. I'm not sure I like it.
June 28th, 2024
I use the iPad Photos editor that comes with it, Snapseed (a free app from Google), Lightroom Mobile which costs $6/month and TouchRetouch app to remove distractions. IPhonePhotography School has a terrific course on Lightroom which is often $69, although you may have to watch for the deal to be offered.
June 28th, 2024
I'm using Lightroom Classic. It's has really work well for me and I can use Adobe Photoshop under the subscription $9.99 monthly
June 28th, 2024
Lightroom classic and photoshop. Well worth paying the monthly subscription to keep uptodate with the new features that keep coming. I have tried other programmes, Luminar for example, but still prefer the adobe products
June 28th, 2024
I too use Lightroom classic and Photoshop and pay annually as it works out cheaper. I too do not like to edit in LR classic.

I still do 80% of my editing in Topaz Labs which I love. I bought everything quite a while ago when I started on 365.
June 28th, 2024
My job is as a retoucher so I use photoshop most days for work, but I do really like the latest lightroom classic for editing.The masking options are incredible now, especially since they added the "intersect mask with" options. I'm trying with this project to keep my photos as edits only and not be tempted into heavy photoshop. I would also second that snapseed is a great app for free mobile editing
June 28th, 2024
Thank you all for your advice. I discovered my trial period seems to not be with Lightroom Classic but just with Lightroom. I ended up cancelling it. I want Lightroom Classic but don't know how to get it. I'll have to look at the options again. Sigh.
June 28th, 2024
@mittens - What you want is the "photography (20GB)" plan. It's the same price as the "Lightroom (1TB)" plan, but the stand alone Lightroom plan is web only, the photography plan includes photoshop, Lightroom classic, and the web version of Lightroom. And you probably won't need the extra cloud storage. https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html -- Click the photo category on the left to see the the photography 20gb plan.
June 28th, 2024
There are several plans for you to choose from.
Two you might be interested in is a package for photographers that costs $9.99 plus taxes per month. It includes Photoshop, Photoshop Beta, Lightroom, and Lightroom Classic, and includes 20GB of Cloud space

Another package called the Creative Cloud Photography plan with 1TB of Cloud space includes all the above apps. It costs $19.99 plus tax per month.

I use these. And it is true, that Lightroom Classic is like the older version of Lightroom
Unless Adobe has changed things since I got mine, when you install the Adobe app it has the basic PhotoShop and Lightroom. You open the Creative Cloud app, go to the apps, to download Lightroom Classic and PhotoShop Beta.
June 28th, 2024
I use Adobe Raw and then Photoshop as I always shoot in Raw as it gives the most editing options. I also use Topaz DeNoise - it is amazing
June 28th, 2024
I use Affinity2, occasionally PhotoScapeX and on my phone Snapseed
June 29th, 2024
I use Smart Photo Editor which is yearly fee and it has so many options in it I'll never run out of them! I didn't want to pay a monthly fee for something like LR. I also use Ribbet and Befunky for some of my artsy effects.
June 29th, 2024
Thank you all for your information. It seems the package that Lightroom Classic comes with is pretty expensive.
I'll have to explore your suggestions and make a decision.
June 29th, 2024
Photoshop Elements 15. Running on a Win 7 ulitmate box. I stay away for online only products as when we go traveling, or out to the beach, I can still process photos for posting.
June 29th, 2024
I always jump in on these posts to remind people about GIMP, which is free: https://www.gimp.org/
Write a Reply