Cluster by swillinbillyflynn


Not sure what the collective noun for rowing boats is.
Looking at that lot I think it should be a Pontoon of Row Boats!
July 5th, 2017  
Neat shot...I like the perspective, colors
July 6th, 2017  
from googling...
Collective nouns for a group of dinghies:
Dingmeet (affectionate). From old English 'dingametan'. - "There where his tenders with fine sculling oars, do over-peer the assembl'd dingmeet" - The Merchant of Venice
The impolite term is 'flotulence'. Never used of wooden dinghies. Mostly used for inflatables. See also 'gonflage'(Fr).
A 'flotillet' of dinghies is the polite term. Only used for pretty ones though. From the French 'flottillette' - a flotilla of small craft.
July 6th, 2017  
Great composition and well spotted!
July 6th, 2017  
great colours
July 6th, 2017  
Very cosy!
July 6th, 2017  
Wonderful capture
July 6th, 2017  
I like it.
July 9th, 2017  
Leave a Comment
Sign up for a free account or Sign in to post a comment.