Favourite picture from your own project : 13th to 19th August 2018

August 19th, 2018
The last one!

I said last week ( link ) that after 5 years of posting this thread each week, I'm ready to pass it on and asked if anyone wanted to carry it on. No one has volunteered, so this is the last 'Favourite picture from your own project' thread, unless someone chooses to resurrect it one day (or offers to carry it from next week?!).

Post your favourite photo from your own project from this past week, taken from Monday 13th to Sunday 19th August and, if you want to, say why that one is your favourite.

( To add pictures to the discussion click on the little arrow button underneath your photo (next to number of comments / favs) and then copy the embed code from the box and paste it in as your reply here. )

August 19th, 2018

I find it very poetic
August 19th, 2018
5 years is a long time to have done this, doff my cap to you Louise!
August 19th, 2018
@roachling - Hi Louise, I have been doing Flashback Fridays for a good while as well. If nobody inquires before next Sunday I may keep it going. I see that this and mine get close to the same number of replies. Of course, if someone else would like to keep it going I will graciously allow them too.
August 19th, 2018
August 19th, 2018
@30pics4jackiesdiamond
I know... time flies! I initially took it over from the previous "host" and said I'd do a for a few months or so and then pass it on, but suddenly it's 5 years later!

@skipt07
When I first started doing this thread, I'd get well over 100 replies but it seems to me the site (threads, comments etc) is all just a bit quieter these days and now I think I've done well if the thread gets 20 replies, which makes me feel like it's not worth my time every week!

I'm without internet from Thursday onwards for a bit so this felt like a good time to call it a day as I won't be able to do it next weekend!

I used to try to respond to all the replies but it was too much a few years ago and now I lack the time and inclination.

Perhaps a new person can make it a bit more lively again. No reason you couldn't change the day it's posted either and do the two threads on a Friday or something?

Thanks for your reply anyway.

August 19th, 2018
@roachling - I looked back through and for the last month anyway, both this thread and Flashback were getting between 60-80+ replies.

I keep thinking that maybe it's time to pull the plug, but occasionally someone still thanks me for keeping it going.
August 19th, 2018
@caterina Nice timing!
August 19th, 2018
@skipt07 I think you've looked at the number of views rather than replies. The last few threads of mine have had 6, 7, and 12 replies!
August 19th, 2018
@roachling - Yes, you are right.
August 19th, 2018
Thanks for all the work done,
August 19th, 2018
August 20th, 2018
August 20th, 2018
August 20th, 2018
Thank you for doing this for the last 5 years Louise - quite an achievement. I've started following people from this thread and have always enjoyed looking through them. Hopefully someone will take it on (unfortunately my computer skills are about 5 on a scale up to 100 so wouldn't have a clue what to do). Anyway, enjoy your retirement from it but hope you will continue posting in your new life. x

August 20th, 2018

I really like the drip on his back and how the water in the flowers change the colours.

365 has really inspired me the short time I've been here. I have learned so much from all the kind comments and to see all the amazing pictures that are posted.
August 20th, 2018
@flowerfairyann Thank you, yes I'll still be posting :)
I'm just getting a bit fed of posting this each week now, and lately keep almost forgetting! I think after 5 years it's time to (hopefully) pass it on as perhaps someone else can make it a bit more lively again.
August 20th, 2018
Lovely to see all the favourites here. Well done, Louise for doing this for so long - wow! About to enter the silly season of a new term, so I can't be sure I could reliably take this on. Really sorry. Hope someone can! My favourite this last week was the David Hockney mad picture from my Extras Album from the Royal Academy of Art exhibition - the perspective messes with your head as it is deliberately off. Quirky but appealed to me!

August 20th, 2018
I love looking along the canal towards the house with a beautiful view
August 21st, 2018
Ko*
Wanted to try to edit the background and it worked, no more green garden. And i also changed the stone mask in a sortta metallic face... not bad for a first try :) People here on 365 give a lot of inspiration...
August 21st, 2018
@skipt07 I've told louise I'll do this and see how it goes for a little while. Can't imagine doing 5 years though!!
August 21st, 2018
@30pics4jackiesdiamond Good on you - sometimes I get busy and don't see the thread come up.

Going to post something now that I've found it!

Hard to pick one as taken so many I love in the last week - but I'll go for this one.

August 22nd, 2018
August 22nd, 2018
@30pics4jackiesdiamond @skipt07

Thank you both for volunteering to keep the thread going

@skipt07 Jackie has volunteered too so are you happy for her to do it, though that would be good as you have flashback Friday to do as well. Otherwise, you'll have to organise something between yourselves as I'm offline for a bit as of tomorrow!

August 23rd, 2018
August 24th, 2018
thank you @roachling for the work you have put into keeping this going in the past 5 years :)

August 24th, 2018
@roachling @30pics4jackiesdiamond - Hi Jackie. You are more than welcome to take over this thread. I only volunteered so Louise could walk away knowing that something she gave so much of her time to would continue and I hated to see this thread that has been a part of the Project for so long come to an end.
August 24th, 2018
@skipt07 I've asked Wendy to mention this and flashback in the sh*t list for a little while, said she would!!
Write a Reply