25th August 2020 by emmadurnford

25th August 2020

Day 153 of semi lock down.

Storm Francis has hit and this is the Walnut tree in full leaf being whipped around by the strong winds.

We should have been travelling up to hospital near Paddington today. After Colin’s emergency trip to Charing Cross in the height of lock-down back in April, this was supposed to be the follow up meeting to discuss the possibility of surgery. In the event the hospital changed the face-to-face visit to a phone call consultation last week. We both waited around and 11.20 came and go. Colin called at 12.45pm only to be told that he may or may not get a call today.

We were rather frustrated but the specialist Doctor eventually called just before 3.00pm. He was very good and had scheduled Colin in for surgery in the next 1-2 months and was very surprised to hear about Colin’s improvement! He gave us the facts to weigh up but for the moment Colin has decided not to opt for surgery. The Doctor obviously thinks that he may have to face this in the medium term and so has put Colin on a call back in a years time. This is actually very good news as it negates the need to go through hoops to get back in to see a specialist. We can relax a bit and if the travel situation changes at all we can book some time away.
Leave a Comment
Sign up for a free account or Sign in to post a comment.