Favourite picture from your project: 18th to 24th August

August 24th, 2014
Post your favourite photograph from your own project from this past week to share with those who may not otherwise see it and say why that one is your favourite.

To add your picture on to the discussion:
1) Click on your favourite photo and bring up its page.
2) Click on the ellipsis underneath your photo (next to number of comments / favs)
3) Copy the embed code from the box which pops up
4) Come back to the discussion and paste the code in to the "write a reply" box, along with your reason for choosing that photo

---

Mine has to be this unusual crow - a leucistic one - because it's such a lovely colour, a beautiful bird, and it's not often you see something like this :)

August 24th, 2014
- Iove the candy pink of this flower and the delicate curve of the petal as it was dying
August 24th, 2014
A bucket list shot perfectly timed!
August 24th, 2014
This one, as I love the colors :)

@genealogygenie Wow, lucky you! Have tried to get one this summer, but never caught it ..
August 24th, 2014
August 24th, 2014
August 24th, 2014
August 24th, 2014
It has to be this one of the owl sitting on the roof of my house!
August 24th, 2014
@genealogygenie just superb! Something I hope to capture at some stage in my existence!
August 24th, 2014
My daughter standing in her sandbox. Which is as close to a beach shot as we can get.
August 24th, 2014
Tia
Because I was really happy with this one!
August 24th, 2014
Because it made Trending Page:

August 24th, 2014
This one for me, I've tried a few times to take photos through glass but first time I've managed to get in focus
August 24th, 2014

Phone struggled with the light, but this shot was very moving and poignant. It's the ceramic Poppy art display at The Tower of London, where a million poppies are being planted around the moat
August 24th, 2014
I was really happy with this flipped reflection as it is quite different from my usual pics.
August 24th, 2014
I'm going with very very very scary bug thingy...
August 24th, 2014
Because it ended up being just what I was hoping to capture when I shot it...

August 24th, 2014
I just loved the result I got with this one!

August 24th, 2014
My favorite was this naughty youngster, looking down at me from the treetops.

August 24th, 2014
i liked this one of all my beach shots. quite moody and liked the light. bit of a fluke really...
August 24th, 2014
I really enjoyed taking this shot and it feels nice to be at the stage in this 365 project that I am feeling brave enough to present shots I have no idea if anyone will like enough to comment on let alone "fav". I was thrilled to receive as many comments/fav's as I did on this. Gives me courage to keep trying new stuff out.
August 24th, 2014
I love sunrise/sunset shots, but really like how the sky was lite up for this sunrise, and it was sooc.

August 24th, 2014
I have no objectivity when it comes to photos of my dog, Ruby--
August 24th, 2014
It amazed me that with all the flowers in the garden,these two chose to share.i loved the colors they picked too.:)
August 24th, 2014
Because baby snails are the cutest!
August 24th, 2014
I was really pleased with the outcome of my processing in this one:

August 24th, 2014
Right settings at the right time - I was on the ground and it was flying extremely low!
August 24th, 2014
Walking from the parking lot into work. This is the reason I always have a camera with me!

August 24th, 2014
I don't know about favorite exactly, but this iPhone shot turned out very nicely. Lots of light and shadow, lines and space, inside and outside, and one click of a button in Photoshop ACR corrects the vertical perspectives of the wide angle lens.

August 24th, 2014
I think this one because I love the buttery bokeh
August 24th, 2014
because I never get shots of butterflies actually sitting still

August 24th, 2014
This one, because it is symbolic for me at this time, and my timing was better than usual. lol

August 25th, 2014

August 25th, 2014
Because this kid melts my heart and she was starting a new chapter in both of our lives. Loved that I was able to capture an important moment in time well.
August 25th, 2014
Despite the fact that the horizon is on a lean.. and i've had this photo waiting for an opportunity to post for a while now.. its my fav for this last week

August 25th, 2014
I had fun with a shot that disappointed me by not being in sharp focus. Played around in PS Elements and made a bunch of widely different versions. This was my favorite.
August 25th, 2014
August 25th, 2014
This is pretty much the only "creative" shot I did this week.
August 25th, 2014
This is my favourite from this week. It's all too soon before they grow up.
August 25th, 2014
Had such fun creating this subject and photo!
August 25th, 2014
Because I took and used 9 different images (3 each, bracketed) to create this final one.
August 25th, 2014
August 25th, 2014
The sun rays actually came out the way I wanted them to.
August 25th, 2014
I should say my sunset. But that was an easy capture. The one I worked at and finally had success is this one.
August 25th, 2014

The ocean looks molten in this sunset shot. I like that.
August 25th, 2014
This one, because I was knocked out by the enormity of Niagara Falls tumbling all about this lone gull, who was wading on the edge of the precipice, as though it was wading in a fountain.

August 25th, 2014
This is a photo of my granddaughter, my favorite little girl in the whole world
August 25th, 2014
August 25th, 2014
I have been trying to get this shot for a while and finally got it

August 25th, 2014
This one by far. I saw a couple of buskers, probably homeless playing a piano. They had a sing list. I picked Bohemian Rhapsody. They guy groaned a little be cause it is such a common request.

But when they started playing it was just me. But by the time they were done there were a bunch of people and several tips when in their cup.

These two girls joined in the singing with me. The next half hour was all of us singing and the girls took over the piano. What a blast.

August 25th, 2014
Think this one

August 25th, 2014
August 25th, 2014
I have chosen this one because it took the most time to capture and I had to think like "McGyver" to work out how to take it lol I was absolutely thrilled to get on the Popular page and teh Trending page with this shot. First time on teh popular page yay :-)

August 25th, 2014
August 25th, 2014
Was thrilled to get on the popular page with this shot.

August 25th, 2014
This one because I've been waiting so long to 'shoot' an alpaca.

August 25th, 2014
This one because I've been struggling with macro shots and finally got one that I like.
August 25th, 2014
This one because my eyes have been opened to things I might not have not noticed before
August 25th, 2014
I really like how the tonality came out in Lightroom, showing off the texture and softness of my Schnauzer's coat in this one.
August 25th, 2014
My levitating selfie - even made the popular page - shocked! But I do love how it turned out and how relatively easy this was to do

August 25th, 2014
This one because she wants to buy some in frames to give to her children and she rang me specially to say it's the best pic of her in ages ... and she's "putting the feelers out for the cildren's birthdays" meaning for me to shoot them.

August 25th, 2014
This was a return to the "market day" theme from my original project.

August 25th, 2014
Happy ☺️
August 25th, 2014
August 25th, 2014
This is my favorite. I originally posted it in full color, but then I decided to work with it some more and I like this version so much more :)

August 25th, 2014
Camping trip this week
August 25th, 2014

Finally managed something I was happy with, with a slow exposure photo
August 26th, 2014
This one -- it was a reward for getting up the morning before when only 2 hot air balloons went up. Conditions aren't often ideal, but they were on Sunday morning, I got some wonderful photos!

August 26th, 2014
Because my children still want me to play with them.

August 26th, 2014
I'm going with my high key this week...
August 26th, 2014
August 26th, 2014
This one of my oldest and youngest with my daughter holding my new nephew. And I somehow managed to get a shot with no strangers in the photo considering we were in a busy mall lol The ones in the background are mannequins lol
August 26th, 2014
I really like the golden light here

August 27th, 2014

My fav as I'd planned a sunrise shot for a few weeks. During the sunrise, it was constant meter, shoot, chimp, shoot, chimp etc etc. We even had to play around with HSS to get an appropriate exposure
Write a Reply