Share a favourite from June!

July 9th, 2024
I got all discombobulated with the Canada Day weekend and general busy-ness, and completely forgot to post this! But better late than not at all.

Please take a moment to look back at your images from June, and share a favourite or two here. Pat yourself on the back for a challenge well met, highlight a memorable moment on a trip, or share the one that speaks to you most. (Instructions for sharing: Go to the photo you want to post. Underneath your photo is a curved arrow to the right. Click on the arrow and it will open a pop-up box with an "Embed Code". Copy the code then paste it in the comment box below, adding whatever comments you wish.)

My choice for June is this lovely iris. It says spring to me, and purple is my favourite colour.

Tell us about yours!
July 9th, 2024
Had to be this one of our beloved Alfie surveying his domain.

July 9th, 2024
A lovely weekend away for first time on my own in the van. Topped off by spending time with @4rky and a sunny boat trip to the windfarm

It was fun finding out the extent to which Snapseed can rescue a photo that was taken badly on purpose

July 9th, 2024
this sweet thing

or this guy

July 9th, 2024
I was in Namibia much of June and had virtually no internet access so I'm just now posting June! this one I'm particularly pleased with because it involved my thinking about composition differently than most of the images I took in this location:
July 9th, 2024
Good souvenirs of a walk back home after a friendly dinner!

July 9th, 2024
My favourite from the pond at work.
July 9th, 2024
July 10th, 2024

Definitely my favourite for the month - I think I nailed the word prompt “hug a tree” 😄
July 10th, 2024

I knew they were there, just had to wait till they wanted to come out and pose.
July 10th, 2024

I take quite a few pictures of bluejays in my back yard but I like this one in particular because of the attitude of the jay here, looking right at me, after picking up his peanut.
July 10th, 2024
July 10th, 2024
@allsop Alfie's elegant nose is highlighted in the beautiful sunlight.

@30pics4jackiesdiamond Stellar accomplishments across the board!

@brigette Such lovely sweet faces.

@jyokota I love those strikingly bold silhouettes.

@vincent24 Wonderful use of the light.

@dragey74 Lovely rippled patterns.

@frodob An unexpected composition.

@narayani Must be a huge tree!

@markp Lovely sharp details on this shy little guy.

@gardencat It's the most Blue Jay face ever.

@corinnec Such a cutie!
July 10th, 2024
This is my favorite from June. I love capturing some birds on the golden sky.
July 10th, 2024
@shutterbug49 A fabulously layered composition.
Write a Reply