Share a favourite image (or two) from August

September 3rd, 2024
Suddenly it is September! Am I the only one trying to figure out how that happened??

That means that it's time to look back at your work in August and reflect a little. Please share a favourite image from the month, and tell us why it is special to you.

Instructions for sharing: Go to the photo you want to post. Underneath your photo is a curved arrow to the right. Click on the arrow and it will open a pop-up box with an "Embed Code". Copy the code then paste it in the comment box below, adding whatever comments you wish.

My choice for August is the towers of Toronto, seen here

I wasn't sure that this perspective would work as I envisioned it, and I was very happy with the result.

Please share yours in the comments below!
September 3rd, 2024
I loved doing this one and put a lot of time and effort into it? I think it was worth it.
September 3rd, 2024
Lamppost in Lyme Regis

And in total contrast a Hayling Island sunset

September 3rd, 2024
In my kayak on the bay, one of my most favorite things to do. The wildlife here makes it extra special...
September 3rd, 2024
@allsop I really love this. It works so well for the challenge.
September 3rd, 2024
I just love this informal snap at the vet's office of Babe--one of two little girls. I like the way her head is just peeking out of the sink she had settled into and probably would like the picture even if I didn't love Babe so much.

September 3rd, 2024
Two photos at train stations

September 4th, 2024
@allsop Very striking simplicity

@30pics4jackiesdiamond Love those lamppost details, and my gosh, what colours!

@aikiuser A fabulous wildlife capture

@mcsiegle Being very much a cat! So sweet.

@vincent24 Fantastic use of light in both.
September 4th, 2024

This one for me. My family are scattered about England and we rarely get everyone together. We do have a week in the Lake District each year and also a Christmas get-together in December with my brother’s boys too. This time, due to work and other commitments, we only had a couple of days with my son and his family before they had to head back to Oxfordshire, but this is the rest of us on a testing walk alongside Ullswater. Good times!
September 5th, 2024

I did abstracts in my main album which were combined with the monthly word list. I liked how my "scrawl" of a signature made a nice abstract. My favorite from the second album came from a photo shoot at a beautiful little chapel in the Pocono mountains that has a beautiful old pump organ.
September 5th, 2024
@tinley23 A beautiful family portrait, doing something you love!

@olivetreeann A highly artistic “scrawl”, and creative POV on the organ.
September 6th, 2024
Most of my August's photos were devoted to the Abstract August Challenge:

My first Favorite

The Second

September 7th, 2024
A month of found abstracts
September 10th, 2024
This one was the one for me in August
Write a Reply