Favourite picture from your project: 14th to 20th April 2014

April 20th, 2014
Post your favourite photo (just one) from your own project from this past week to share with those who may not otherwise see it and say why that one is your favourite.

To add pictures on to the discussion:
1) Click on your favourite photo and bring up its page.
2) Click on the ellipsis underneath your photo (next to number of comments & favs)
3) Copy the embed code from the box which pops up
4) Come back to the discussion and paste the code in to the "write a reply" box, along with your reason for choosing that photo

I like this one of mine from Friday, for the greens and blues.

April 20th, 2014
I picked this one because I don't get up early very often, and I felt this one was worth the effort.
April 20th, 2014
April 20th, 2014
April 20th, 2014
It has to be this one : What a stroke of luck to capture this, I think!
April 20th, 2014
April 20th, 2014
I love this one. Been trying to look at beauty in death a bit more recently.
April 20th, 2014
My fav after some messing around in photoshop
April 20th, 2014
Simply because of the vibrancy of the colours

April 20th, 2014
It must be this one, I am really pleased with this one, and judging by all your wonderful comments and Favs so do you, thank you.
April 20th, 2014
I really enjoy the lighting in this one. The eggs are delicious too!
April 20th, 2014
April 20th, 2014
I did a lot of playing in photoshop to lighten up her face and keep the colours that I liked.
April 20th, 2014
Tia
Because I really like how this one turned out! Was hoping it was going to be the beginning of a series but then I lost her down a railway embankment :(

April 20th, 2014
Infrared again, this time without color inversions to keep a warm view of the world.

April 20th, 2014
Its got to be this one! was so lucky to get the two passengers in exactly the right place!!

April 20th, 2014

April 20th, 2014
This is my favorite because I saw the trees, and thought they would make a dramatic landscape. Stopped the car, turned around and went back to shoot it. Conceived the idea of the sun being over the trees and then "what if I under exposed the shot"? And this was the result. I think it might give me creative juice for a whole series of photos like this.

@markp Well, yeah, because it's amazingly pretty.

@mlulu191 It's the tones. Makes me feel nostalgic, like grandmas kitchen.

@kiwichick Saw this on your feed. Beautiful shot and feels so full of joy!

@frankhymus This one just blew me away Frank. Stunning.
April 20th, 2014
Because I envisioned what this image would look like before taking the shot, and it came out exactly how I wanted it to. Also because it is the most fav'd image I've ever posted on 365:

April 20th, 2014
@roachling Got to be this one!
April 20th, 2014
April 20th, 2014
horses' nap

April 20th, 2014
This one because he is so proud of the shop his grandfather opened 93 years ago
April 20th, 2014
because it rained from Friday afternoon straight through to Saturday night and then finally the sun came out

April 20th, 2014
For sure this one! :)

April 20th, 2014

I like the pov and atmosphere.
(And that my husband spontaneously got out of the car to pick them alongside the road for me) :)
April 20th, 2014
Because I used the manual settings:
April 20th, 2014
I'll have to go with my shot I took earlier with the intention of posting it today for the Easter reference;
April 20th, 2014
I love this collage because it shows my favorite and most delicious breakfast

April 20th, 2014
This one, as it turned out exactly as I wanted to, having pictured it in my head all day and it was SOOC

April 20th, 2014
This is a fave because I love them on the white background...
April 20th, 2014
Has to be Ray - Captain of the ship!!!!!!
April 20th, 2014
Lots of pictures of birds this week but this is my fav. They were soaring so fast it was hard to capture.
April 20th, 2014
This one for sure! Macro photography is like discovering a whole new dimension of things!
April 20th, 2014
I'm always amazed at the set designs in the theatre department at the University of South Carolina. This was for Hamlet, set in an asylum.
April 20th, 2014
I chose this as I was quite pleased with the outcome, despite getting wax everywhere, burning my finger and stumbling my way through low light settings...
April 20th, 2014
Kim

April 20th, 2014
For the one night stand challenge: theme minimalism.I was pleased the image turned out exactly as I imagined.That is a rarity.lol!
April 20th, 2014
I had an amazing trip to America with my family to celebrate my 50th birthday and this is one of the pictures I was really pleased with from the trip.

April 20th, 2014
I like everything about this shot, the light, the distance but most of all it was a first visit for himself and I and now we have new memories

April 20th, 2014

This is my fav this week. I just love the way the light shines through and creates the shadows of the stamens.
April 20th, 2014
This;

or maybe this;
April 20th, 2014
Not my best sunset, but the photobombing bird made it special!
April 20th, 2014

I loved this singing robin but not having 100's of followers like many on here I thought this is a good opportunity to share with more if they are interested. Gorgeous photos on here!!
April 20th, 2014
ks

I've been enjoying taking images of more plants now that spring is here, and liked the contrast between the stark lines of the Agave and the billowy plants behind.
April 20th, 2014
i like the minimal nature of this

April 20th, 2014
April 20th, 2014
This, because I actually took time to compose the shot for once....
April 20th, 2014
I think it's this selfie...

April 20th, 2014
A difficult choice this week for me. I love my lunar eclipse photo but I think I have to go with this one because it is someting i have wanted to capture for a long time but living in an appartment for the last four years has made it impossible.

April 20th, 2014
I challenged myself to use my 50mm that I don't use and was more than happy with the result

April 20th, 2014
I guess I need to say this one, because it took me completely by suprise that it made the PP.
April 20th, 2014
April 21st, 2014
April 21st, 2014

Snow!
April 21st, 2014
Mother Nature
April 21st, 2014
...this one made me happy ... and 365 project is the only reason I even noticed this ...!!
April 21st, 2014
I love the irony that this bird happened to fly over when I was trying to capture pictures of little birds near my house. He was pretty high up, but I'm glad I got a shot at him.

April 21st, 2014
This is my favourite because we had so much fun & also because I don't usually do portraits.

April 21st, 2014
April 21st, 2014
This is my favorite because I struggle taking photos inside. I can never get the lighting correct and my mind goes blank on what to capture. Today I took this shot in doors and was happy with the results.

April 21st, 2014
I just love the colours in this and the sheen on the pepper mill and the peppers. Like it best on black.

April 21st, 2014
I love how a new car dealership can provide a bunch of abstracts. I'm going to be sad when cars actually arrive and get in the way of my photoshoots! :) My fav abstract for the week:
April 21st, 2014
This one, because I can't believe I got the lunar eclipse blood moon in the middle of a very cloudy night, following the snow!

April 21st, 2014
I think it's a very cool piece of history, being the only Confederate armory not destroyed during the civil war and I like the way the photo turned out.

April 21st, 2014
April 21st, 2014
An easy choice this week! I've already hung this one in my home as well as sold this it three times! :)

April 21st, 2014

so much fun intentionally camera shaking-- the lensbaby!!:)
April 21st, 2014
I like this one best because it's very close up, I love the color and the focus--
April 21st, 2014
April 21st, 2014
I think this one - was hard to choose - I put up a sunset pic I liked really well, but I went for the simplicity of this one.

April 21st, 2014
It was a tough choice this week between this shot, my pregnant mare or my high key blossoms

April 21st, 2014
Mel

Because the sun is shining after 2 weeks of solid rain.
April 21st, 2014

Shorncliffe Pier. Love the yellow lights.
But there are some truly amazing photos in this thread.
April 21st, 2014

This is my favorite because the lens captured this couple's romantic moment in a beautifully lit setting that I too was enjoying with my husband and good friends at a table close by.
April 21st, 2014
This is my favourite this week as I'm so surprised at how good it turned out using a point & shoot on auto.

April 21st, 2014
April 21st, 2014

This was a shot of a red box on a hand printed tablecloth. After treating it with some creative filters, I applied five layers of a cropped protea. I enjoy this work and felt the printing process of textiles and the PS layers were a curious match
April 21st, 2014
I had an idea and managed to accomplish it - feels great when it happens! Here it is - reflection of Primrose captured in my tea cup :)
April 21st, 2014
I picked this as I was so excited at being able to see these birds!
April 21st, 2014
Sem
April 21st, 2014
April 21st, 2014

This photograph of wall-art is at first glimpse a simple 'tender moment' love story, but look closely at the artists use of the guage medium to create layers of mystery as to who the characters are and what is interpreted. Is it two females, male and female, nurturing or protecting. The answer for me is in the arms and hands and how the artist has positioned them.
April 21st, 2014
My Own Little World: 90 views, 56 comments, 24 favs, but never made PP.
April 21st, 2014
Here is my favorite of the week:

April 21st, 2014
April 21st, 2014
I am putting this up as it was my first attempt at High Key (my get pushed challenge). I though it was good, but have had very little feed back, inc. my partner :( so maybe it's not as good as I thought ? Would welcome comments.
April 21st, 2014
I'm going to go with this one just because it was so nice to be at the beach and I had a lovely time with my Mother-In-Law and got her out of her senior living place for a bit.
April 21st, 2014
I chose this photo because it sums up the whole week of craziness of trying to get our kitchen remodel done with family coming in and playing Easter Bunny!
April 21st, 2014
Wow, lots of great photographs from everyone this week! This one is my favorite because I just got this new prime lens, which I love! This photo is SOOC.. I am really happy that the focus is exactly in the right place, challenging for me with such a narrow DOF. And I feel like this photo successfully captures the essence of my friend ~ it looks like her.
April 21st, 2014
April 21st, 2014
The original shot didn't look like much. I had already sorted out a few shots to post for that day and decided to play a little with this one. Just to see if I could make it a bit more interesting. Sometimes editing makes it worse, in this case however, it got so much better I really started to love it:
April 21st, 2014
April 21st, 2014
My first close-up of a robin, which was a bonus, since it was nestled in the blossoms I was photographing.
April 21st, 2014
Definitely this one! It was my first experience witnessing a full lunar eclipse.

April 21st, 2014

I had a magical afternoon with my family at this stunning location and keep returning to it in my mind.
April 21st, 2014
This one was fun to take. This guy let me get up pretty damn close to him.
April 21st, 2014
April 22nd, 2014
April 22nd, 2014
April 22nd, 2014
j

this is mine...I love wildlife and cannot believe that I can see seals here in N.Z...I love their faces, sad and beautiful at the same time...
April 22nd, 2014
April 22nd, 2014
April 22nd, 2014
April 22nd, 2014
A rare scene with a reflection from a snowmelt pond.
April 22nd, 2014
I liked the lighting and how pretty the little white flowers looked.
April 22nd, 2014
April 22nd, 2014
Because it's my 365th!
April 22nd, 2014

April 22nd, 2014
April 22nd, 2014
I enjoyed taking this one as I went out with my husband & we got soaked with sea spray as the weather was so bad, it was very funny:

April 22nd, 2014
April 22nd, 2014
This ..... as it took so much effort to capture!

April 23rd, 2014
I picked this photo because these pileated woodpeckers are very hard to capture, and I get 2 of them!

April 23rd, 2014
I want to blow this up and hang it on my wall...

April 23rd, 2014

I loved the texture I was able to present with this.
April 23rd, 2014
Write a Reply